Home > Gout > Voltaren > Voltaren for Gout
How effective is Voltaren for Gout?
Overall ratings: 4.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Voltaren (diclofenac sodium) is for Gout. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 3 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Voltaren for Gout >>>
What is Voltaren
Voltaren (latest outcomes from 20,079 users) has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium. It is often used in arthritis.
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) (latest reports from 57,691 patients) can be treated by Allopurinol, Colchicine, Indomethacin, Uloric, Colcrys, Indocin.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 3 people are studied for taking Voltaren in Gout
Voltaren effectiveness for Gout (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Voltaren for Gout * :
Age of people who take Voltaren for Gout * :
Who find Voltaren more effective for Gout?
Gender of people who find Voltaren more effective * :
Age of people who find Voltaren more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Pneumonia, and takes Voltaren)
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Gout, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Allopurinol, Aspirin)
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Frontotemporal Dementia, Macular Degeneration, Depression - Elderly, Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Effexor, Dexilant, Namenda, Abilify, Aricept, Bentyl, Lipitor, Plavix, Voltaren)
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Females on diovan developing gout?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Gout, High Blood Pressure, and takes Diovan)
I recently suffered a gout attack for the first time in my life. I am 55, female and have no history of this condition in my family.
About a year ago my husband and I moved and my new doctor put me on this medication for pre-hypertension.
I have read mounting evidence that one major side effec ...
- What can i take for gout if i'm on xarelto
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Diabetes, Gout, and takes Metformin)
I have been on xarelto for 2 months after having a pulmonary embolism. But i have had an attack of gout since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I discovered that both voltaren and celebrex which I have taken for gout in the past are not to be taken while on xarelto. So i desperately need to f ...
More questions for: Voltaren, Gout
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Memory loss (blockade)
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Sudden Memory Loss (memory Blockage))
I was on a very long and unpleasant car trip (driving 900km from A to B), that started with 6 hours long border crossing, that involved occasional pushing of a heavy car in order to spare fuel. After that, another 8 hours of driving. I developed a spasm in the area of my low back pain.
When we a ...
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Gout, and takes Allopurinol)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have sto ...
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Rash, and takes Zorvolex)
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I ha ...
More reviews for: Voltaren, Gout
Recent studies of taking Voltaren in Gout (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout. The patient has Toe Swelling, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Comments: Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- A study of side effects of Allopurinol for a patient with Gout. The patient has Vaginal Discharge
Comments: I have been recently diagnosed with a urinary infection. I have been taking this medication for about 2 years. However, I also have a foul smelling discharge that has a yellowish beige color. I have taken 6 pills for the urinary infection with a name that starts with a C. (sorry, can't recall) ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Ginseng, Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Tramadol, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Diclofenac Sodium, Glipizide, Lyrica, Premarin for a patient with Energy Increased, High Blood Pressure, Arithris Pain, Insomnia And Anxiety, Fast Pulse Rate, Arithris, Diabetes, Nerve Pain, Hrt. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Went for basic blood work to monitor diabetes and kidney function. I was called today and told that my white cell count was elevated. I must return for blood work in 11 days. I was not told how elevated they were.
More related studies for: Voltaren, Gout
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.