Home > Grand mal seizure > Topamax > Topamax for Grand mal seizure
How effective is Topamax for Grand mal seizure (Generalized tonic-clonic seizure)?
Overall ratings: 3.8/5
Long term ratings: 4.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Topamax (topiramate) is for Grand mal seizure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 26 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Topamax for Grand mal seizure >>>
What is Topamax
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,533 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
Grand mal seizure
Grand mal seizure (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain) (latest reports from 772 patients) can be treated by Keppra, Dilantin, Lamictal, Tegretol, Topamax, Depakote.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 26 people are studied for taking Topamax in Grand mal seizure
Topamax effectiveness for Grand mal seizure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Topamax for Grand mal seizure * :
|Grand mal seizure||84.62%||15.38% |
Age of people who take Topamax for Grand mal seizure * :
|Grand mal seizure||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||15.38%||26.92%||30.77%||7.69%||3.85% |
Who find Topamax more effective for Grand mal seizure?
Gender of people who find Topamax more effective * :
|Grand mal seizure||88.24%||11.76% |
Age of people who find Topamax more effective * :
|Grand mal seizure||0.00%||0.00%||11.76%||11.76%||23.53%||35.29%||11.76%||5.88% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
I tested positive for Benzodiazepines and I need to know if any of these medications are giving me that result or a combination of any of these medications giving a false positive for Benzo
From this study (1 day ago):
I tested positive for Benzodiazapins and I need to know if any of these medications are giving me that result or a combination of any of these medications giving a false posivitive for benzos
From this study (5 months ago):
I also take probiotics for women because I have lots of blabber problems and yeast problems. I was wondering about the product called milk thistle? I've been told it would be good for me.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does topamax effect sexual desire and cause weight gain
I have taken topamax for 10 years and have been gaining weight steadily every year. My doctor says the medication is not the reason because Topamax causes people to loose weight. I have also voiced my concerns to him that since I started taking this medication I have no desire for sex. He says th ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
More questions for: Topamax, Grand mal seizure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Psychosis, weight loss and topamax
I had a brain hemorrhage in my occipital lobe. It left me with with a partial seizure disorder. The seizures would interrupt my ability to see. I was trying different anti-seizure medication and they all made me more tired and more depressed. My neurologist decided to try topamax. On topamax I ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
More reviews for: Topamax, Grand mal seizure
Recent studies of taking Topamax in Grand Mal Seizure on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Restoril, Lamictal for a patient with Seizure - Grand Mal, Sleep Disorder Therapy. The patient has Depression Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Clonazepam, Topamax, Lamictal for a patient with Depression, Seizure - Generalized, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Seizure - Temporal Lobe. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Cognitive Deficits, Impairment Of Speech (Speech impairment (adult)), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Akathisia
More related studies for: Topamax, Grand mal seizure
Recent Grand Mal Seizure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Topamax, Grand mal seizure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (57 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Corneal Dystrophy
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension