Home > Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex) > L-lysine > L-lysine for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
How effective is L-lysine for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective L-lysine (lysine) is for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take L-lysine for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex) >>>
What is L-lysine
L-lysine (latest outcomes from 212 users) has active ingredients of lysine. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex).
Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex) (intraoral hsv stomatitis) (latest reports from 663 patients) can be treated by Valtrex, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, L-lysine, Nyquil, Famvir.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking L-lysine in Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
L-lysine effectiveness for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex) (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take L-lysine for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex) * :
|Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)||90.91%||9.09% |
Age of people who take L-lysine for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex) * :
|Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.27%||36.36%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00% |
Who find L-lysine more effective for Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)?
Gender of people who find L-lysine more effective * :
|Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find L-lysine more effective * :
|Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I have had issues with high blood pressure for years & lost 60 pounds & still have to take 3 different medications for it. I have Candida severely & need to get rid of it & am wondering if any or all of these medications I am taking is cuasing any of these issues. I also have gluten issues, wheat issues, starch issues, peanut butter, chocolate, peanuts, nuts, white rice, potato issues, I can't eat a lot of foods & am struggling with my health. Please help!
From this study (2 years ago):
my lips just became severely dry last week. i didn't change my diet. i just wonder if taking benedryl for the past few years every night has caused this all of the sudden or L-lysine which is a new supplement i began taking. nothing is helping my lips. OTC lip therapy balms do not help. it's worse after i brush my teeth, shower and wash my face. whenever i get water on my lips and dry them off it's worse. my eyes were also grainy and dry for the first time and i got prescription allergy drops. they are much better.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: L-lysine, Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Weight loss taking lipitor
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym a ...
More reviews for: L-lysine, Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
Recent studies of taking L-lysine in Herpes Labialis (oral Herpes Simplex) on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Acyclovir, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, B Complex Vitamin, Melatonin, CoQ10, Excedrin, Excedrin, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Probiotic, Sumatriptan Succinate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Nystatin, Golytely for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Cold Sore, Cramps - Muscle, Sleeping Difficulty, Migraine, Pain - Back, Arterial Repair, Vitamin E, Bacteriuria, Oral Thrush, Constipation. The patient has Candida Test Positive, Candida Nos, Candidal Infection Nos, Candidiasis, Food Intolerance, Food Allergy
- A study of side effects of L-lysine for a patient with Cold Sore. The patient has Chapped Lips (cracking, fissuring, and peeling of the skin f lip)
More related studies for: L-lysine, Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
Recent Herpes Labialis (oral Herpes Simplex) related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: L-lysine, Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (54 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Caduet (pfizer) Eq 5mg Base;eq 10mg Base
- Orapred Odt (medicis) Eq 15mg Base
- Orapred Odt Medicis Eq 15mg Base
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride
- Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis