Home > Hiatal hernia > Ranitidine > Ranitidine for Hiatal hernia
How effective is Ranitidine for Hiatal hernia?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Ranitidine (ranitidine) is for Hiatal hernia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 5 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ranitidine for Hiatal hernia >>>
What is Ranitidine
Ranitidine (latest outcomes from 997 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Hiatal hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) (latest reports from 101,899 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix, Pantoprazole.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 5 people are studied for taking Ranitidine in Hiatal hernia
Ranitidine effectiveness for Hiatal hernia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Ranitidine for Hiatal hernia * :
|Hiatal hernia||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who take Ranitidine for Hiatal hernia * :
|Hiatal hernia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Who find Ranitidine more effective for Hiatal hernia?
Gender of people who find Ranitidine more effective * :
|Hiatal hernia||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Ranitidine more effective * :
|Hiatal hernia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are some known or reported side effects from a zantac overdose? especially long term side effects?
My son was born preterm weighing in at 5lbs. During his time in the NICU the doctors diagnosed him with acid reflux and started him on Ranitidine. One day prior to him leaving the NICU I was given a script to be filled for at home use. The dosage was suppose to be .375ml but instead the pharmacy fil ...
- For the past 7 years have gotten these severe painful attacks. i get about 1 to 2 a year. they start out like a case of food poisoning with diarrhea and vomiting. the pain is intense and as severe
The pain is intense and severe as all natural childbirth. The pain is so intense I cannot move, talk, or function. I just keep heaving bile until I am so dehydrated I get taken to the emergency room. They run tests and CAT scans on me but can never find anything. I have gone to a specialist in the p ...
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
- Can anyone recommend any natural remedys and what foods to avoid
I had a G1 upper endoscopy done had barium meal done etc have hiatus hernia and acid reflux the burning is all down left hand side of body I am on 2x40mg of omeprazole can anyone give me any advice,thank you
- Can curcumin c3 complex cause very dry mouth?
I have been takingall the above drugs since being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 1998-99. The only variation is prednisone which I take only when I have a flare. Itook my first Curcumin C3 Complex capsule 3 days ago. 500mg. I decided to start with one a day for awhile. After a few hours I had the dry ...
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
- Can a spleenectomy cause a hiatal hernia
I had my spleen removed in 1977 and immediately started getting heartburn when I bent over swam or was horizontal. The Navy said it would go away with time and it did somewhat with changes to my diet and a truckload of antacids. I now am on omeprazole and it is better but the VA is charging me f ...
- Will using butalbital 6-7 times a month for migraines result in dependency?
I experience migraines 6-7 times a month and have found butalbital/aspirin/caffeine to be very effective in managing pain. Does anyone know if this rate of usage can cause dependency? I have been taking butalbital since 2007. My migraines are very unpredictable--occasionally I will go 2-3 weeks with ...
- Might my weight gain have been caused by lansoprazole?
After ten years of taking this PPI I have gained around 35 lbs / 15 kgs. I seem unable to lose this weight, much of it in my abdominal region. I suffer bloating and flatulence; this has been ascribed to diverticulosis. I have a BMI of 30 and a body fat content 0f 23.3%.
More questions for: Ranitidine, Hiatal hernia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
More reviews for: Ranitidine, Hiatal hernia
Related drug studies for: Ranitidine, Hiatal hernia,
Recent Hiatal Hernia related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ranitidine, Hiatal hernia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (30 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (38 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Tuberculosis Reactivated
- Numbness And Tingling
- Iritic Melanoma
- Hepatamine 8