Home > High blood pressure > Atenolol > Atenolol for High blood pressure
How effective is Atenolol for High blood pressure?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Atenolol (atenolol) is for High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 1,612 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Atenolol for High blood pressure >>>
What is Atenolol
Atenolol (latest outcomes from 82,698 users) has active ingredients of atenolol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 1,612 people are studied for taking Atenolol in High blood pressure
Atenolol effectiveness for High blood pressure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Atenolol for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who take Atenolol for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||0.25%||0.00%||0.31%||3.78%||9.18%||17.93%||27.48%||41.07% |
Who find Atenolol more effective for High blood pressure?
Gender of people who find Atenolol more effective * :
|High blood pressure||55.21%||44.79% |
Age of people who find Atenolol more effective * :
|High blood pressure||0.25%||0.00%||0.13%||3.89%||9.66%||17.69%||26.60%||41.78% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slowly and was off of diamox for a period of 3 months, my WBC and platelts counts returned to normal. I have to be on diamox now for papilledema, pseudo tumor cerebi since Topomax did not work for me. I lsot the weight I needed to control the pressure, however, at the dosage needed, I could not teolerate it so I had to go to Diamox until I get more weight off to resolve pseudo tumor cerebri.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Only one week into taking the losartan and amlodipine, blurred vision and fatique are quite noticeable.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Tomo medio atenolol 0,50 junto a medio losartan todas las mañanas desde hace 7 años,pero desde hace tres meses presento coloración rojiza en las extremidades, que al presionar con los dedos quedan blancas y se agudiza cuando las piernas están mucho de pie. el diagnóstico fue livedo reticularis ideopático y yo empecé a buscar la causa y leyendo las contraindicaciones de atenolol encontré algo que podría explicar esta manifestación
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atenolol, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Atenolol, High blood pressure
Recent studies of taking Atenolol in High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Fatigue, Vision Blurred
- A study of side effects of Atenolol for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Coloración Rojiza En Las Extremedidas
- A study of drug interactions between Selenium, Vitamin E, Green Tea, Soy Protein Isolate, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fenofibrate for a patient with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Antioxidant Therapy, Antiangiogenic Therapy, High Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Vision Impairment (Vision problems), Itching, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Temazepam, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan, Atenolol for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Collapse, Accelerated Idioventricular Rhythm
More related studies for: Atenolol, High blood pressure
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atenolol, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Tightness Or Pressure and Tramadol
- Chest Pain and Tramadol
- Seroquel and Bulimia
Recent user comments
- "itching around vagina and rectum, right ovary pain,cr ... " (2 hours ago)
- "If dose missed one day or two... got extreme dizzines ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Took both last night and woke up in the middle of nig ... " (4 hours ago)
- Congenital Thymus Absence
- Transfusion Related Immunomodulation Reaction