Home > High blood pressure > Captopril > Captopril for High blood pressure
How effective is Captopril for High blood pressure?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Captopril (captopril) is for High blood pressure. The study is based on 44 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What is Captopril
Captopril (latest outcomes from 11,193 users) has active ingredients of captopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,198 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 44 people are studied for taking Captopril in High blood pressure
Captopril effectiveness for High blood pressure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Captopril for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||45.45%||54.55% |
Age of people who take Captopril for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||2.27%||0.00%||0.00%||2.27%||2.27%||6.82%||25.00%||61.36% |
Who find Captopril more effective for High blood pressure?
Gender of people who find Captopril more effective * :
|High blood pressure||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who find Captopril more effective * :
|High blood pressure||5.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||25.00%||65.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Captopril for High blood pressure >>>
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I thought it was my thyroid. It is enlarged but my labs came back back normal. I finally found some relief after reading an article in AARP a couple of weeks ago about drugs that can cause memory loss. I stopped taking the carvedilol right away. I'm feeling better already but I hope it clears more. I was looking for information. Many of the sites about carvedilol and memory loss are gone. It appears that there is a cover up concerning this drug. Many doctors won't admit that it can cause memory loss. The drug sites say nothing about memory loss. And a couple of sites just state that memory loss is not a side affect of carvedilol. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
From this study (4 months ago):
I've only been on Pantoprazole around a week and the last couple of days I notice my feet and ankle are swelling.
From this study (1 year ago):
Sine Feb 2013 began to developed swollen tongue and difficulty speaking and now is more severe making my speech difficult.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Captopril, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
More reviews for: Captopril, High blood pressure
Recent studies of taking Captopril in High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Ferrous Fumarate, Fish Oil, Calcium, Vyvanse, Tramadol, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Captopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole for a patient with Anemia, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Radiculopathy, Chronic Migraines, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Locoid, Metrogel, Loratadine, L - Arginine, Nexium, Psyllium Husk, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Primidone, Prednisone, Captopril, Clonazepam, Perphenazine, Wellbutrin Xl, Zetia, Synthroid for a patient with Preventive Health Care, Rosacea, Rhinitis Allergic, Gerd, Constipation, Performance Anxiety, Benign Essential Tremors, Nephrotic Syndrome, Hypertension, Ptsd, Schizoaffective Disorder, Depression - Major, Hyperlipidemia, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angioedema, Swollen Tongue
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Captopril for a patient with Graves Disease, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Captopril, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Tachycardia
More related studies for: Captopril, High blood pressure
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.