Home > High blood pressure > Losartan > Losartan for High blood pressure
How effective is Losartan for High blood pressure?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Losartan (losartan potassium) is for High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 695 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan for High blood pressure >>>
What is Losartan
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,968 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,134,230 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Diovan, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate.
On Oct, 1, 2014: 695 people are studied for taking Losartan in High blood pressure
Losartan effectiveness for High blood pressure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||54.24%||45.76% |
Age of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||0.14%||0.00%||0.29%||0.72%||4.89%||13.81%||32.23%||47.91% |
Who find Losartan more effective for High blood pressure?
Gender of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||53.75%||46.25% |
Age of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||0.40%||0.00%||0.00%||0.79%||3.56%||18.58%||33.20%||43.48% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (14 hours ago):
also using 20 mg. prevastatin for cholestrol
From this study (2 days ago):
Occasional dry cough, nonproductive. Taking a mint can decrease when I can do that. When occurs feels like back of throat is scratchy
From this study (1 week ago):
mild granularity of bowel wall plus loose bowels
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent studies of taking Losartan in High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Stiffness (Spasticity)
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Throat Secretion Increased, Runny Nose (discharge from nose), Cough
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Myoclonic Jerks (involuntary twitching of a muscle or group of muscles)
- A study of drug interactions between Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Zanaflex, Seroquel, Remeron, Cymbalta, Daypro, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Aat Deficiency, Liver Fatty, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tension, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, Biotin, Vitamin D, Tricalcium Phosphate, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Gabapentin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Verapamil Hcl, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hair Loss, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Restless Leg Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hives, Itching
More related studies for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.