How effective is Losartan for High blood pressure?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Losartan (losartan potassium) is for High blood pressure. The study is based on 686 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan for High blood pressure >>>
What is Losartan
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,952 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,198 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 686 people are studied for taking Losartan in High blood pressure
Losartan effectiveness for High blood pressure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||54.52%||45.48% |
Age of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||0.15%||0.00%||0.29%||0.73%||4.96%||13.27%||32.65%||47.96% |
Who find Losartan more effective for High blood pressure?
Gender of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||54.03%||45.97% |
Age of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||0.40%||0.00%||0.00%||0.81%||3.63%||18.15%||33.87%||43.15% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (19 hours ago):
I got whooping cough and nw having problems as listed above
From this study (2 days ago):
I just recently started taking Lyrica however, as soon as I started metformin my feet began to swell and I can feel swelling in my joints, I am not able to wear regular shoes I wear the Vibram 5 finger toes shoes and I am not able to tolerate any type of socks. I have to sleep with flip flops and my feet elevated and I cannot cover my feet with any sheet or blanket. I have had this for about 2 1/2 years. My endocrinologist will not consider taking me off of metformin as this is what I feel is the problem with my feet.
From this study (4 days ago):
Omeprazole aspirin fish oil multi vitamin glucosamine coenzyme calcium
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan potassium bad dreams
This drug is causing me dreams nightly. I have taken it for 3 weeks. Will be letting my physician know.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
More reviews for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent studies of taking Losartan in High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Stiffness (Spasticity)
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Throat Secretion Increased, Runny Nose (discharge from nose), Cough
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Myoclonic Jerks (involuntary twitching of a muscle or group of muscles)
- A study of drug interactions between Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Zanaflex, Seroquel, Remeron, Cymbalta, Daypro, Folic Acid, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Aat Deficiency, Liver Fatty, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tension, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, Biotin, Vitamin D, Tricalcium Phosphate, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Gabapentin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Verapamil Hcl, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hair Loss, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Restless Leg Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hives, Itching
More related studies for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.