Home > High blood pressure > Losartan > Losartan for High blood pressure
How effective is Losartan for High blood pressure?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Losartan (losartan potassium) is for High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 704 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan for High blood pressure >>>
What is Losartan
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,007 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 704 people are studied for taking Losartan in High blood pressure
Losartan effectiveness for High blood pressure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||54.26%||45.74% |
Age of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||0.14%||0.00%||0.28%||0.71%||4.97%||14.06%||32.10%||47.73% |
Who find Losartan more effective for High blood pressure?
Gender of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||54.12%||45.88% |
Age of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||0.39%||0.00%||0.00%||0.78%||3.53%||19.22%||32.94%||43.14% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- I am prescribed amlodopine for high blood pressure, 10mg daily. is it okay to combine garcinia cambogia for weight loss?
I have a prescription of Amlodipine 10mg tabs for high blood pressure. I would like to begin taking Garcinia Cambogia and would like to hear if anyone has had any adverse reaction to this combination or positive results, as well.
- Why isnt the sodium content listed in centrum silver?...most of the ingredients contain sodium.!, my blood pressure went up when i started taking these, after about 10 days.
Sodium is a very important component.....it must be very high or they would list it!!
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- Is anyone sensitive to hot weather who takes tribenzor?
Mind hot weather more than I ever did and become exhausted when it is hot.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Is duromine ok to take if u are being treated for high blood pressure taking atenolol
Doctor ahs given me duromine to take for weight loss and im currently taking high blood pressure medication (atenolol) is this ok to take together??
- Why would the pharmacy fill a prescription that hasn't been filled since sept. 2013?
Patient WAS taking AMLODIPINE BESYLATE but was given ok to stop due to side effects. (Sept. 2013) Pharmacy has taken it upon themselves to fill AMILORIDE HCL. #1. IF patient still took the preceding, is the latter comparable? #2. Why would the pharmacy fill a prescription that hasn't been taken in 1 ...
More questions for: Losartan, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Losartan potassium bad dreams
This drug is causing me dreams nightly. I have taken it for 3 weeks. Will be letting my physician know.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Rituxan mental changes
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent studies of taking Losartan in High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Hypertension. The patient has Heat Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Fluid Retention, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Toprol-xl, Losartan, Nifedipine for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Weight Loss, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Rib Cage Pain
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular (long menstrual cycle with more bleeding)
More related studies for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Protonix, Gleevec for a 76-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Losartan, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 65-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Avalide, Tekturna Hct, Tekturna for a 53-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Ramipril for a 60-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Tylenol, Ramipril for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Cardura, Norvasc, Maxide, Losartan for a 64-year old man who has HBP
- Comparions of Perindopril Erbumine, Ramipril for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Fluoxetine, Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate for a 29-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Zestril, Atacand for a 57-year old man who has Hypertension
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (6 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (20 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Coffea Robusta
- Nipple Discharge Abnormal
- Granulocytes Maturation Arrest
- Weight Gain Unintentional