Home > High blood pressure > Losartan > Losartan for High blood pressure
How effective is Losartan for High blood pressure?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Losartan (losartan potassium) is for High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 704 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan for High blood pressure >>>
What is Losartan
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,968 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
On Oct, 21, 2014: 704 people are studied for taking Losartan in High blood pressure
Losartan effectiveness for High blood pressure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||54.26%||45.74% |
Age of people who take Losartan for High blood pressure * :
|High blood pressure||0.14%||0.00%||0.28%||0.71%||4.97%||14.06%||32.10%||47.73% |
Who find Losartan more effective for High blood pressure?
Gender of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||54.12%||45.88% |
Age of people who find Losartan more effective * :
|High blood pressure||0.39%||0.00%||0.00%||0.78%||3.53%||19.22%||32.94%||43.14% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 hours ago):
hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented with losartan then nifedipine added 1 month ago. BP is down, but tinnitus comes and goes, mostly in left ear.
From this study (1 day ago):
also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take self off. became way to shaky. still get very shaky
From this study (1 day ago):
also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. became way to shaky. still get very shaky
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent studies of taking Losartan in High Blood Pressure on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular (long menstrual cycle with more bleeding)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Fatigue, Vision Blurred
- A study of drug interactions between Anastrozole, Losartan, Metformin for a patient with Heart Mri, Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Diverticulitis Intestinal
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Losartan, HCTZ, Anastrozole for a patient with Osteoporosis, Hypertension, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Tamsulosin, Lansoprazole for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Enlarged Prostate, Indigestion. The patient has Erythema (Rashes)
More related studies for: Losartan, High blood pressure
Recent High Blood Pressure related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (56 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Puncture Weed
- Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Sui Kan
- High Blood Pressure