Home > Hyperlipidemia > Simvastatin > Simvastatin for Hyperlipidemia
How effective is Simvastatin for Hyperlipidemia (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Simvastatin (simvastatin) is for Hyperlipidemia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 2,670 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin for Hyperlipidemia >>>
What is Simvastatin
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,754 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Hyperlipidemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) (latest reports from 449,767 patients) can be treated by Simvastatin, Lipitor, Crestor, Pravastatin Sodium, Zocor, Atorvastatin Calcium.
On Sep, 30, 2014: 2,670 people are studied for taking Simvastatin in Hyperlipidemia
Simvastatin effectiveness for Hyperlipidemia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Simvastatin for Hyperlipidemia * :
Who find Simvastatin more effective for Hyperlipidemia?
Age of people who find Simvastatin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
From this study (1 week ago):
is this the cause as my face is swollen and full blotches after taken these
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Random swelling similar to allergic reaction. Feet is worst...some random spots on arms wrists and fingers
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Simvastatin, Hyperlipidemia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Hyperlipidemia
Recent studies of taking Simvastatin in Hyperlipidemia on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Escitalopram, Diazepam, Theophylline, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Simvastatin for a patient with Gout - Acute, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Asthma, Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Cold Sweat (Skin - clammy), Vomiting Aggravated (Nausea and vomiting), Epigastric Hernia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Lutein, Fish Oil, Milk Thistle, Vitamin D, Baby Aspirin, Vivelle-dot, Simvastatin, Tegretol for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Simvastatin, Enzyme Supplementation, Liver Enlargement, Heartburn Prevention, Menopausal Symptoms, High Blood Cholesterol, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Metformin, Clopidogrel for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Low Blood Sugar, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Cramp (painful sensation caused by muscle contraction)
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Omeprazole
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Hyperlipidemia
Recent Hyperlipidemia related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hyperlipidemia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.