Home > Hypertension > Toprol-xl > Toprol-xl for Hypertension
How effective is Toprol-xl for Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate) is for Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 594 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Toprol-xl for Hypertension >>>
What is Toprol-xl
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,719 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Hypertension (high blood pressure) (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
On Oct, 20, 2014: 594 people are studied for taking Toprol-xl in Hypertension
Toprol-xl effectiveness for Hypertension (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Toprol-xl for Hypertension * :
Who find Toprol-xl more effective for Hypertension?
Age of people who find Toprol-xl more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
suspect lower extremity weakness
From this study (1 week ago):
I HAVE HAD A PURITIC RED SPLOTCHY RASH OVER MOST OF MY BODY FOR THREE DAYS NOW. IT ITCHES SOME; BUT NOT SEVERELY. NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT SYMPTOMS.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Toprol-xl, Hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: Toprol-xl, Hypertension
Recent studies of taking Toprol-xl in Hypertension on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Alvesco, Lyrica, Cevimeline, NEXIUM, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Toprol-xl, Paxil, Simponi for a patient with Itching, Copd, Chronic Inflammatory Polyneuropathy, Sjogren's Syndrome, Reflux Gastritis, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety, Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Rash (Rashes)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Plavix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Zetia, Welchol for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, In-stent Arterial Restenosis, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Meloxicam for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Inflammation. The patient has Knife Like Right Knee Pain When Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Succinate, Nifedipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Zetia, Crestor for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Urine Output Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Pain - Joints (Joint pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Fluoxetine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Itching, Urine Na+ (Sodium - urine), Stools - Pale Or Clay Colored
More related studies for: Toprol-xl, Hypertension
Recent Hypertension related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Toprol-xl, Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (3 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Zoloft, Cytomel, Synthroid for a 55-year old woman who has Hashimoto's Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (57 minutes ago)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Linaria Vulgaris