How effective is Synthroid for Hyperthyroidism?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is for Hyperthyroidism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 142 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid for Hyperthyroidism >>>
What is Synthroid
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) (latest reports from 30,985 patients) can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Methimazole, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil, Levothyroxine Thyroid.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 142 people are studied for taking Synthroid in Hyperthyroidism
Synthroid effectiveness for Hyperthyroidism (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Synthroid for Hyperthyroidism * :
Age of people who take Synthroid for Hyperthyroidism * :
Who find Synthroid more effective for Hyperthyroidism?
Gender of people who find Synthroid more effective * :
Age of people who find Synthroid more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
More questions for: Synthroid, Hyperthyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
More reviews for: Synthroid, Hyperthyroidism
Recent studies of taking Synthroid in Hyperthyroidism on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Probiotic, Lipitor, Diovan Hct, Synthroid for a patient with Health Maintenance Visit, Lower Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Night Sweats, Testicular Mass
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin for a patient with Overactive Thyroid, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Swelling Face
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, CoQ10, B Complex Vitamin, Losartan, Lipitor, Levoxyl, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with General Paresis, High Blood Pressure, Stress, High Arch, Lower Cholesterol, Overactive Thyroid, Depression. The patient has Depression, Anger
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Gum Boil
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lipitor, Synthroid, Hydrocortisone Acetate for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Overactive Thyroid, Addison's Disease. The patient has Fatigue
More related studies for: Synthroid, Hyperthyroidism
Recent Hyperthyroidism related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Hyperthyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.