Home > Hypothyroidism > Armour thyroid > Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism
How effective is Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Armour thyroid (thyroid tablets, USP) is for Hypothyroidism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 153 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism >>>
What is Armour thyroid
Armour thyroid (latest outcomes from 767 users) has active ingredients of thyroid tablets, USP. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 130,015 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 153 people are studied for taking Armour thyroid in Hypothyroidism
Armour thyroid effectiveness for Hypothyroidism (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism * :
Age of people who take Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism * :
Who find Armour thyroid more effective for Hypothyroidism?
Gender of people who find Armour thyroid more effective * :
Age of people who find Armour thyroid more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- Will the herb hca in garcinia cambogia cause liver damage or in cases be fatal
I take synthroid once a day for my diabetes im on insulin at bedtime and the janumet twice daily. will the garcinia cambogia xt interfere with my meds. also I read from a consumers on health that the HCA in the supplement could damage the liver and in one was fatal. do yu think I should be taking t ...
- Is synthroid and milk thistle safe?
I was reviewing the case studies of Synthroid and Milk Thistle and I am not sure I am reading it correctly. I hope the information is incorrect regarding the studies with concurrent use of these drugs. I took one dose of Milk Thistle and it occurred to me that I probably should research to make sure ...
- Has anyone had bad side effects from taking armour thyroid?
Hi, ever since I started to take Armour thyroid last August, I have felt worse and worse. My TSH is responding, but I am still tired, and worst of all I now have all of these symptoms too: muscle aches, nausea, dizziness, vertigo and I can't eat much d't stomach bloating.
I wonder if anyone h ...
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia if i suffer from hypothyroidism
is it safe to start taking the weight loss pill garcinia cambogia while taking levothyroid medidcine
- How long can multaq cause loose bowels?
I started multaq one week ago, and have had loose bowels since. Is this an ongoing side effect, and if so, what do others do to deal with this sort of intrusion in one's life????? This has limited my activities considerably !!
- Hypothyroid and herbal supplements
hello, does anyone know if any/all of the above can be harmful if suffer from hypothyroidism?
All these are part of one weight loss supplement which I would look to try but I am concerned if there may be any adverse effects
More questions for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Dilantin and interactions
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
- Synthroid (generic-levothyroxine) lymphocyte increase
Take generic adderall 10mg (amphetamine salt) daily for ADHD and just started on levothyroxine only therapy about 1 week ago. I take generic fioricet w/cod for migraines as needed, usually twice a month for migraines that linger.
Took my levothyroxine and amphetamine about noon, had slept in becaus ...
More reviews for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
Recent studies of taking Armour Thyroid in Hypothyroidism on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Armour Thyroid for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Throat - Sore (throat pain), Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Pain - Joints, Swelling Of The Face, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Oxycontin, Adderall, Diazepam, Ambien, Latuda for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Pain - Back, Add, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Sleepy, Chronic Depression. The patient has Hunger (Appetite - increased)
- A study of side effects of Armour Thyroid for a patient with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Foot Pain, Coccyx Pain After Starting The Meds
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Cymbalta for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk), Depression. The patient has Vestibular Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Edarbi, Armour Thyroid, Nexium for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Low Thyroid, Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Weakness
More related studies for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Estrace, Synthroid for a 51-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Daytrana, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Ocusert Pilo-20, Prozac for a 55-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Armour Thyroid, Synthroid for a 50-year old woman who has Adult Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Unithroid for a 89-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Digoxin, Propylthiouracil for a 78-year old man who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Synthroid, Desiccated Pork Liver for a 55-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Haldol for a 57-year old man who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Zocor, Synthroid, Namenda, Aspirin for a 85-year old man who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Synthroid, Liothyronine Sodium for a 54-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Synthroid, Silybum Marianum for a 57-year old man who has Hypothyroidism
More related comparison studies for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (16 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (58 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Allegra (sanofi Aventis Us) 60mg
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Renal Failure
- Dreams Bad
- Candesartan Cilexetil