Home > Hypothyroidism > Armour thyroid > Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism
How effective is Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Armour thyroid (thyroid tablets, USP) is for Hypothyroidism. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 149 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism >>>
What is Armour thyroid
Armour thyroid (latest outcomes from 760 users) has active ingredients of thyroid tablets, USP. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,831 patients) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Levothroid, Cytomel.
On Oct, 1, 2014: 149 people are studied for taking Armour thyroid in Hypothyroidism
Armour thyroid effectiveness for Hypothyroidism (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism * :
Age of people who take Armour thyroid for Hypothyroidism * :
Who find Armour thyroid more effective for Hypothyroidism?
Gender of people who find Armour thyroid more effective * :
Age of people who find Armour thyroid more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
2 drs told me the armour thyroid could NOT cause these pains, they said it was cooincidence that it started right after starting the meds yet the pain is so much less since stopping taking the med, just 1 dose/day missed so far
i couldnt bare to stand the foot pain was so bad, and to sit, the tailbone pain just as severe, doesnt leave much other than laying~! :(
From this study (3 weeks ago):
After stopping nexium, I am experiencing weakness, fatigue and lightheadedness when up and moving/walking.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
More questions for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
Recent studies of taking Armour Thyroid in Hypothyroidism on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Progesterone, Claritin Reditabs, Armour Thyroid, Lorazepam for a patient with Short-Term Memory Loss, Exhaustion, Growth Hormone, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Vivelle-dot, Baclofen, Oxycodone, Diazepam for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Hysterectomy, Multiple Sclerosis, Pain - Back, Neuropathy. The patient has Muscle Pain (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Spironolactone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Cabbage, Broccoli, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Saw Palmetto, Chelated Magnesium, Potassium Iodide, Iodine, Armour Thyroid, Calcium D - Glucarate for a patient with Depression, Diuretic Effect, Anxiety Disorder, Hormone Level Abnormal, Estrogen Balance, Joint Range Of Motion Decreased, Vitamin D Decreased, Dihydrotestosterone Increased, Relax Smooth Muscle, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Thyroid Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Estrogen Dominance. The patient has Melanosis Coli
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Synthroid, Methotrexate for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Flushed Face And Neck
- A study of drug interactions between Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Niaspan, Lovaza, Metformin for a patient with Cortisol Level, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Stomach Upset (Nausea and vomiting)
More related studies for: Armour thyroid, Hypothyroidism
Recent Hypothyroidism related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Hypothyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.