Home > Insomnia > Xanax > Xanax for Insomnia
How effective is Xanax for Insomnia?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Xanax (alprazolam) is for Insomnia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 100 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Xanax for Insomnia >>>
What is Xanax
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,912 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 757,392 patients) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lunesta, Zolpidem Tartrate, Ambien Cr, Melatonin.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 100 people are studied for taking Xanax in Insomnia
Xanax effectiveness for Insomnia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Xanax for Insomnia * :
Age of people who take Xanax for Insomnia * :
Who find Xanax more effective for Insomnia?
Gender of people who find Xanax more effective * :
Age of people who find Xanax more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
After taking the drug i feel fine, several hours after being asleep, i wake up with horrible heartburn, once awake for awhile (Sitting up the heartburn eventually goes away. I didnt eat anything befor going to sleep, so i don't think that is the case.
Dry eye MD on Sep, 26, 2014:
male, 48. Started taking restasis 2 days ago and wake up feeling hot, heartburn and trouble sleeping. Couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized that restasis is the only thing new in my life.
From this study (7 months ago):
have not stopped taking the medication. Will stop today and see what the results are.
From this study (8 months ago):
History of Vitamin D deficiency, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, kidney stones, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, pituitary cyst, hypogodasm
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Xanax, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
More reviews for: Xanax, Insomnia
Recent studies of taking Xanax in Insomnia on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Sleeplessness. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Zolpidem, Lovaza, Crestor, Acyclovir, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Multivitamin, Iodine, Probiotic, L-Tyrosine, Biotin, Aspirin, Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate HCl for a patient with Hypogonadism Male, Performance Anxiety, Insomnia, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Oral Herpes, Vitamin D Deficiency, Cardiovascular Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Adult Hypothyroidism, Health, Carnitine Abnormal, Blood Clots, Fatigue. The patient has Redness Of Feet, Itching After Shower, Tinnitus Aggravated, Pinpoint Red Spots On The Skin (Bleeding into the skin), Malaise, Hematuria (Urine - bloody), Vitamin B12 Increased, Hot Flashes, Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue)
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Zolpidem, Lovaza, Crestor, Acyclovir, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Multivitamin, Iodine, Probiotic, L-Tyrosine, Biotin, Aspirin, Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate HCl for a patient with Hypogonadism Male, Performance Anxiety, Insomnia, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Oral Herpes, Vitamin D Deficiency, Cardiovascular Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Adult Hypothyroidism, Health, Carnitine Abnormal, Blood Clots, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness. The patient has Redness Of Feet, Itching After Shower, Tinnitus Aggravated, Pinpoint Red Spots On The Skin (Bleeding into the skin), Malaise, Hematuria (Urine - bloody), Vitamin B12 Increased, Hot Flashes, Lightheadedness - Dizzy (Dizziness), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue)
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Vitamin B2, Klor-con M20, Synthroid, Myrbetriq, Xanax, Neurontin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Vicodin for a patient with Migraine, Muscle Weakness, Hypothyroidism, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Insomnia, Neuropathic Pain, Depression, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Bladder Pain, Confusion, Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Fatigue, Muscle Pain (Muscle aches)
More related studies for: Xanax, Insomnia
Recent Insomnia related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Xanax, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (9 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (60 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Splinter Hemorrhages
- Levothyroxine Sodium
- Cellulitis Staphylococcal