Home > Irritable colon > Dicyclomine hydrochloride > Dicyclomine hydrochloride for Irritable colon
How effective is Dicyclomine hydrochloride for Irritable colon (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Dicyclomine hydrochloride (dicyclomine hydrochloride) is for Irritable colon. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 93 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride for Irritable colon >>>
What is Dicyclomine hydrochloride
Dicyclomine hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 638 users) has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome.
Irritable colon (latest reports from 71,332 patients) can be treated by Bentyl, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Amitiza, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lomotil, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 93 people are studied for taking Dicyclomine hydrochloride in Irritable colon
Dicyclomine hydrochloride effectiveness for Irritable colon (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride for Irritable colon * :
|Irritable colon||73.12%||26.88% |
Age of people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride for Irritable colon * :
|Irritable colon||0.00%||0.00%||2.15%||19.35%||17.20%||25.81%||19.35%||16.13% |
Who find Dicyclomine hydrochloride more effective for Irritable colon?
Gender of people who find Dicyclomine hydrochloride more effective * :
|Irritable colon||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who find Dicyclomine hydrochloride more effective * :
|Irritable colon||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||16.67%||19.44%||30.56%||11.11%||19.44% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- I can't gain weight, eat about 5,000 c. daily
Had Whipple surgery in '03. Have enormous appetite could not gain weight. Couldn't afford enzymes. Since I have no duodenum, fats go straight through. So about a month ago my doctor put me on Dicyclomine to slow the food down in my intestines. Well I have this huge hunger, still. I've gained 10lbs. ...
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- Do you have sacroiliitis and ibs
After a course of Augmentin antibiotics, I started having severe symptoms of IBS. It has continued for 2 years. I have also suffered from chronic sacroiliitis for almost 2 years. Can the 2 conditions be connected?
- Can any of these drugs cause a false positive marijuana drug test
can any of these cause a false positive for a drug test? I was told I tested positive for marijuana which I don't smoke or use.
- Which drug for uti is less likely to cause low platelets - amoxicillin or trimethroprim
Years ago on two occasions (11 years in between) I had severe thrombocytopenia some weeks after taking Septrin (trimethroprim and sulfamethoxazole ). I now have a UTI which hasn't responded to home treatment and my doctor has offered trimethroprim or amoxicillin. I have also had megaloblastic anae ...
More questions for: Dicyclomine hydrochloride, Irritable colon
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Dicyclomine hydrochloride, Irritable colon
Recent studies of taking Dicyclomine Hydrochloride in Irritable Colon on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Fluticasone Propionate, Methocarbamol, Maxalt, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Abilify, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Daytrana, Clonazepam, Lamictal, Estradiol, Acyclovir for a patient with Pain, Allergies, Muscle Spasms, Migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Bipolar Disorder, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Irregular Heartbeat, Racing Heart, Panic Attacks, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Menopause, Genital Herpes. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Irritability, Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Bentyl for a patient with IBS. The patient has Omeprazole
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Tramadol, Multivitamin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Amlodipine for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Drugs For Pain, Daily Vitamin Tablet, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd, Chest Pain, Back Muscke Spasm, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Balm, Meralgia Paraesthetica, Ibs, Ankle Replacement, High Blood Cholesterol, Prophylaxis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Elevated Wbcs - 10.5 - 13.0
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Tramadol, Multivitamin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Amlodipine for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Drugs For Pain, Daily Vitamin Tablet, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd, Chest Pain, Back Muscke Spasm, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Balm, Meralgia Paraesthetica, Ibs, Ankle Replacement, High Blood Cholesterol, Prophylaxis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Chrinically Elevated Wbcs - 10.5 - 13.0
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Effient for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Bleeding And Slow Healing, Nose Bleeds. The patient has Fleeting Cool Flushes From Chest Into Arms And Hands, Chest Discomfort, Diarrhea Associated With Medications
- A study of side effects of Bentyl for a patient with IBS. The patient has Intestinal Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Desogestrel; Ethinylestradiol; Ethinyl Estradiol, Ambien, Bentyl, Zantac 150, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta for a patient with Allergies, Pregnancy, Insomnia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Heartburn, Depression, Pelvic Pain. The patient has Hot Flushes Nos, Abnormal Weight Gain, Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Soma, Lortab, Xanax, Benadryl, Phenergan for a patient with IBS, Fibromyalgia, Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Allergies, Nausea. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Abilify, Equetro, Wellbutrin Xl, Escitalopram, Lorazepam, Avonex, Baclofen, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Percocet, Lortab, Nexium, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate, Ondansetron, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Multiple Sclerosis, Wrist Surgery, Endometriosis, Gerd, Ibs, Nausea And Vomiting, Allergic Sinusitis, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Insipidus, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Calcium Deficiency. The patient has Weight Increased
More related studies for: Dicyclomine hydrochloride, Irritable colon
Recent Irritable Colon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Effexor, Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old woman who has IBS
- Comparions of Bentyl, Linzess for a 19-year old boy who has IBS
- Comparions of Lopressor, Bentyl for a 32-year old woman who has IBS
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Colestid for a 52-year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old man who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Xanax (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.5MG, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride (West Ward) - 20MG for a 51-year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Comparions of Colofac, for a 24-year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome
More related comparison studies for: Dicyclomine hydrochloride, Irritable colon
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (2 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28