Home > Itching > Diphenhydramine hydrochloride > Diphenhydramine hydrochloride for Itching
How effective is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride for Itching?
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is for Itching. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 9 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride for Itching >>>
What is Diphenhydramine hydrochloride
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,984 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in insomnia.
Itching (latest reports from 545,903 patients) can be treated by Benadryl, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Atarax, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Hydroxyzine, Zyrtec.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 9 people are studied for taking Diphenhydramine hydrochloride in Itching
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride effectiveness for Itching (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride for Itching * :
Age of people who take Diphenhydramine hydrochloride for Itching * :
Who find Diphenhydramine hydrochloride more effective for Itching?
Gender of people who find Diphenhydramine hydrochloride more effective * :
Age of people who find Diphenhydramine hydrochloride more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I HAVE HAD A PURITIC RED SPLOTCHY RASH OVER MOST OF MY BODY FOR THREE DAYS NOW. IT ITCHES SOME; BUT NOT SEVERELY. NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT SYMPTOMS.
From this study (4 months ago):
Itching in extremeties with no rash apparent. Eyes watery and burning. Twitching is in left eyelid. Itching started 8 days ago. Lotion does not help much. Diphenhydramine does not help much.
From this study (1 year ago):
I am a 44 year old female with a very low testerone level of 3. I recently just got off of the birth control pill and have suffered from depression and anxiety for half of my life. I have recently reduced the Baclofen and Paxil and have started to feel worse. Can you please let me know the interactions, symptoms and side effects of all these pills?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
More reviews for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, Itching
Recent studies of taking Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride in Itching on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Alvesco, Lyrica, Cevimeline, NEXIUM, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Toprol-xl, Paxil, Simponi for a patient with Itching, Copd, Chronic Inflammatory Polyneuropathy, Sjogren's Syndrome, Reflux Gastritis, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety, Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Rash (Rashes)
- A study of drug interactions between Ocusert Pilo-20, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Tylenol, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lunesta, Clonazepam, Lamictal, Nexium, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Dry Mouth, Itching, Ankle Pain, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Gerd, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes (Eye burning - itching and discharge)
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Benadryl, Paxil, Ativan, Natural DHEA, Baclofen, Candex, Cymbalta for a patient with Head And Neck Pain, Itching, Depression And Anxiety, Anxiety, Cortisol Level, Muscle Pain And Reduce Anxiety, Bad Bacteria And Yeast In The Intestines, Depression. The patient has No Energy, Joint Pain, Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Nausea, Extreme Bloating, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Depression Aggravated, Severe Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Cinnamon, Benadryl for a patient with Osteopenia, Metabolism, Itching. The patient has Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Subcutaneous Nodule
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Zoloft, Heparin Sodium, Morphine Sulfate, Nitrostat, Zofran, Ibuprofen, Sudafed, Benadryl, Tamiflu, Bromfed-dm, Klor-con, Magnesium Oxide, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Proair Hfa, Aluminum Hydroxide And Magnesium Trisilicate, Simethicone for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Depression, Heart Attack, Pain, Chest Pain, Nausea, Nasal Sinus Drainage, Itching, Flu, Cough, Potassium - Low, Magnesium - Low, Dehydration, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Pain. The patient has Chest Pain, Rash Generalised (Rashes), Nausea, Back Pain, Respiratory Rate Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased (Hypotension), Heart Rate Decreased, Fatigue, Cough, Dehydration
More related studies for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, Itching
Recent Itching related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (13 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (13 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (22 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (39 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Enterobius Vermicularis
- Pain Relief
- Diclofenac Sodium