Home > Itching > Loratadine > Loratadine for Itching
How effective is Loratadine for Itching?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Loratadine (loratadine) is for Itching. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 10 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Loratadine for Itching >>>
What is Loratadine
Loratadine (latest outcomes from 10,971 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies.
Itching (latest reports from 546,293 patients) can be treated by Benadryl, Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Atarax, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Hydroxyzine, Zyrtec.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 10 people are studied for taking Loratadine in Itching
Loratadine effectiveness for Itching (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Loratadine for Itching * :
Age of people who take Loratadine for Itching * :
Who find Loratadine more effective for Itching?
Gender of people who find Loratadine more effective * :
Age of people who find Loratadine more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- Can acute pre pyloric gastritis cause hemorrhoids?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Itching)
Itching,constipation, blood in stools,straining
the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Burning sensation.
More questions for: Loratadine, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Itching, and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium)
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
More reviews for: Loratadine, Itching
Recent studies of taking Loratadine in Itching (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Claritin for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Tic (a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups), Psychosis
Comments: wasnt told to discontinue after allergy season or symptom relief. prescribed 1x day. took continously for 1-1.5 years. tics developed so med was stopped suddenly. psychotic type thoughts began emerging the last year of use, but not recognized as a psychosis until suicidal ideation was verbalized. on ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Singulair, Flonase, Claritin, Omeprazole, Mucinex, Benadryl for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Allergies, Gerd, Sleep Aid
Comments: I have had some episodes where when having a BM I would have a vasovagal response. Severe migraine headache, sweating,extreme weakness, head pounding, and tightness in my neck. After two trips to the ER,I was hospitalized for 6 days recently because I have a family history of aneurysms. While in the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Symbicort, Dexilant, Prilosec, Proair Hfa, Duoneb, Claritin - 10MG, Zyrtec Allergy, Benadryl for a patient with Eosinophilic Pneumonia, Asthma, Acid Reflux, Allergic Sinusitis, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication). The patient has Eosinophilic Pneumonia
Comments: Developed sudden onset severe asthma while feeding a bird on my shoulder, in the zoo's bird aviary, 2 ½ years ago. Never had breathing problems in my life, but couldn’t breath after hour long choking spell I suffered when the bird flew away. From that night until my lung collapsed two months late ...
More related studies for: Loratadine, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hair Loss and Metoprolol Tartrate
- Back Injury
- Vaginal Pain
- Cough and Lipitor
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal ... (1 hour ago)
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
hi I have been taking Benadryl or pet dander? It seemed to ... (2 hours ago)
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (14 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (19 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Meloxicam for a 52-year old woman who has Back Injury (8 minutes ago)
- Potassium Chloride, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Altace, Metoprolol Tartrate, Effexor, Zetia for a 55-year old man who has Blood Potassium Abnormal, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Magnesium Deficiency, Blood Pressure Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal (9 minutes ago)
- Compare Sertraline and Quetiapine Fumarate for a 72-year old woman (11 minutes ago)