Home > Lewy body dementia > Risperdal > Risperdal for Lewy body dementia
How effective is Risperdal for Lewy body dementia (Dementia)?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 2.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Risperdal (risperidone) is for Lewy body dementia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Risperdal for Lewy body dementia >>>
What is Risperdal
Risperdal (latest outcomes from 42,214 users) has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Lewy body dementia
Lewy body dementia (a nerve cell protein induced a loss of mental ability severe enough to interfere with normal activities of daily living) (latest reports from 45,313 patients) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Seroquel, Donepezil, Exelon, Galantamine Hydrobromide.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 4 people are studied for taking Risperdal in Lewy body dementia
Risperdal effectiveness for Lewy body dementia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Risperdal for Lewy body dementia * :
|Lewy body dementia||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who take Risperdal for Lewy body dementia * :
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Who find Risperdal more effective for Lewy body dementia?
Gender of people who find Risperdal more effective * :
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who find Risperdal more effective * :
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- Does risperdal cause epileptic focus disorder?
i have a brain injury,that causes a rare seizure disorder called epileptic focus disorder,id like to know how i got the brain injury???? is it from my risperidal/risperdone? also is it from carbomazipine?
- Should risperidone be given to a patient with delirium without dementia
my mother is being given risperidone for delirium and its making it worse it says online not to be used for delirium ????
- Risperidone,alcohol,marijuana what can happen?
wanting to go have a couple beers, and smoke a bowl of pot. will this interact badly for my friend?
- Hallucination reaction
In July I had a horrible hallucination reaction due to the medication I take, I take the Risperdal, Zoloft, and Xanax at night due to my anxiety and depression and the lidocaine Benadryl and there was one more drug. those three were combined for a special mouthwash called magic mouth wash. Do you t ...
- Can i take viagra with lamictal, seriquel, and risperidone?
I have both types of bipoar, the risperidone makes it hard to have sex.
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus & metoclopramide
My Mom while recovering from a hip fracture in a rehab center was given Metoclopramide for 2 days when she suddenly (about 2-3 hours after her dose of metoclopramide at lunch time) became completely disoriented,lethargic and could not speak. She could barely swallow, and could not drink liquids even ...
- Does aricept shorten life expectancy? i am a 61 year old women with mild dementia.
I have rcently been diagnosed with mild dementia and have been started on a low dose of aricept (25 mg daily). Will it shorten my life expectancy at all? Is there any research?
- What are the risk of me gaining weight
Why will I gain weight? Is it severe? Will I gain weight. I was obese and finally slimmed down :(
- Does risperidone and passion flower interact
Calm care for kids contains Passion flower and chamomile and magnesium
More questions for: Risperdal, Lewy body dementia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
More reviews for: Risperdal, Lewy body dementia
Recent studies of taking Risperdal in Lewy Body Dementia on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Risperidone for a patient with Dementia. The patient has Dementia (madness)
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Risperidone, Namenda, Metoprolol Tartrate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Simvastatin, Chlorthalidone, Levetiracetam, Oxcarbazepine, Aspirin for a patient with Dementia, Traumatic Brain Injury, Depression, Seizures, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner. The patient has Depression
More related studies for: Risperdal, Lewy body dementia
Recent Lewy Body Dementia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Memantine, Donepezil for a 79-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Abilify, Namenda, Aricept for a 76-year old man who has Lewy Body Dementia
- Comparions of Aricept, Seroquel for a 73-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Donepezil, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 85-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Ditropan, Cozaar, Celexa, Atenolol, Aricept for a 85-year old man who has Dementia
- Comparions of Xanax, Risperidone (Teva) - 2MG for a 85-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium (Mylan) - 0.075MG, Ofloxacin (Akorn) - 0.3%, Tobradex, Donepezil Hydrochloride (Teva) - 5MG, Namenda (Forest Labs) - 10MG for a 87-year old woman who has Dementia
More related comparison studies for: Risperdal, Lewy body dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Folic Acid