Home > Lyme disease > Doxycycline > Doxycycline for Lyme disease
How effective is Doxycycline for Lyme disease?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 2.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Doxycycline (doxycycline hyclate) is for Lyme disease. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 32 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Doxycycline for Lyme disease >>>
What is Doxycycline
Doxycycline (latest outcomes from 13,658 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
Lyme disease (a bacterial infection that is spread to humans by infected ticks) (latest reports from 4,329 patients) can be treated by Doxycycline Hyclate, Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Ceftin, Azithromycin, Plaquenil.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 32 people are studied for taking Doxycycline in Lyme disease
Doxycycline effectiveness for Lyme disease (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Doxycycline for Lyme disease * :
|Lyme disease||59.38%||40.62% |
Age of people who take Doxycycline for Lyme disease * :
|Lyme disease||0.00%||3.12%||9.38%||15.62%||12.50%||28.12%||15.62%||15.62% |
Who find Doxycycline more effective for Lyme disease?
Gender of people who find Doxycycline more effective * :
|Lyme disease||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who find Doxycycline more effective * :
|Lyme disease||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||16.67%||0.00%||41.67%||25.00%||8.33% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have chladmydia in my eye,,doctor has given me a single dose 1 gram of azithromycin,,however im a carrier of hep c,,should i take this medicine
I have gotten chladmydia bot genatally and its in my eye,,i have been a carrier of hep c for a long time,,my doctor has given me a single dose of azithromycin at 1 gram,,im afariad this may lead to liver failure,,anyone know
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Are my symptoms caused by doxycycline ?
Within 12 hours of taking first dose of 200mg Doxycycline severe pain in knuckle of pinkie finger, over next 2 days shifted to index finger then finally to thumb and index finger pain severe unable to tolerate any pressure in area and continues until now. 3rd day red rash to face with what looked li ...
- The effect of doxycycline on the morning after pill
i had sex with my boyfriend a week after i had my periods.i took an antibiotic(doxycycline) the morning before.when we had sex,the condom burst and we went straight to the pharmacy to buy the morning after pill..is there a probability that the pill might have worked?
- Can stress and anxiety cause endometritis
Misdiagnosed at the emergency room where i work. Told them my boss had been stressing me out by pointing out things i do and me alone. Other workers do the same things i do but she only calls me out. Im already under enough stress watching heart rhythms without this.
- How do you get rid of emotional disorder after taking doxy
How to cure Emotional Disorder from Doxy...I took this for a very bad tooth infection...took the whole script and hind sight I should have stopped because I realize I was having some side effects, but continued because I felt so bad due to my mouth...anyway, the day after I finished I had a massive ...
- Can any of these drugs cause a false positive marijuana drug test
can any of these cause a false positive for a drug test? I was told I tested positive for marijuana which I don't smoke or use.
- Can taking doxycycline cause sciatica?
I have been taking doxycyline for perioral dermatitis for about 3 months. My sciatic nerve is killing me. Could there be a link? Could stopping the doxycyline cure my sciatica?
- Are styes a side effect of taking doxycycline?
I've been taking doxycycline for 7 days now and have developed a 2 styes in my left eye...very irritating...just wondering if that was a side effect of the drug.
More questions for: Doxycycline, Lyme disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My experience with lyme
My final semester at college-
Woke up to extreme inflammation in what was determined to be a portion of my trapezius on the left side length of my next. It was accompanied by severely swollen lymph nodes throughout my entire body. I went about my day with what to me was seemingly a bad neck cramp ...
- Symptons from taking doxycyclin
I recently went in for a physical, everything was normal except my Creatinine levels. I had severe symptoms from burning hands/knuckles to feeling very tingly like cold needles. Also, burned very easily from sun even with 50 sun screen applied. Should I be worried about the Creatinine levels be abn ...
- Doxycycline/severe sun reaction
Was put on Doxycycline for an infection on the surface of my knee.Went to a football game in NC,SEPT.14TH,was in sun for maybe 3-4 hours.I have Virgilio but have been in sun many times with no such burn.Also used 45 sunblock!
Went to doctor following Monday,because of concern for infection,she s ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Doxycycline, Lyme disease
Recent studies of taking Doxycycline in Lyme Disease on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a patient with Lyme Disease. The patient has Hematuria (presence of blood in urine)
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Azithromycin for a patient with Lyme Disease, Bronchitis. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a patient with Lyme Disease. The patient has Canker Sores And Fever Blisters (disorders of the mouth canker sore inside and blister outside of mouth)
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a patient with Lyme Disease. The patient has Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract)
- A study of drug interactions between Cytomel, Nitroglycerin, Natural DHEA, Doxycycline Hyclate, CoQ10, Cefdinir, Eleutherococcus Senticosus, Probiotics, NAC, Fluconazole, Benicar, Tramadol, Gabapentin for a patient with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Chest Pain, Lyme Disease, Healthy Living, Immune System Disorder, Pain. The patient has Vomiting
More related studies for: Doxycycline, Lyme disease
Recent Lyme Disease related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prednisone, Tinidazole, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 65-year old man who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Flagyl for a 34-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Desmopressin Acetate, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Rifampin, Mepron for a 28-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Doxycycline Hyclate (Halsey) - EQ 100MG BASE, Cefuroxime Axetil (Ranbaxy) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 67-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Suprax (Lederle) - 200MG, Doxycycline Hyclate (Watson Labs) - EQ 100MG BASE for a 29-year old man who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Doxycycline Hyclate (Watson Labs) - EQ 100MG BASE, Benadryl (Mcneil Cons) - 50MG for a 45-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Zithromax (Pfizer) - EQ 500MG BASE/VIAL, Diltiazem Hydrochloride (Biovail) - 180MG for a 56-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Mepron (Glaxosmithkline) - 750MG/5ML, Rocephin (Hlr) - EQ 2GM BASE/VIAL for a 48-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
- Comparions of Doxycycline Hyclate (Watson Labs) - EQ 100MG BASE, Zantac 75 for a 62-year old woman who has Lyme Disease
More related comparison studies for: Doxycycline, Lyme disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.