Home > Mania > Seroquel > Seroquel for Mania
How effective is Seroquel for Mania?
Overall ratings: 3.9/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is for Mania. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 9 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel for Mania >>>
What is Seroquel
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 79,048 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) (latest reports from 53,337 patients) can be treated by Lithium Carbonate, Depakote, Lamictal, Seroquel, Seroquel Xr, Zyprexa.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 9 people are studied for taking Seroquel in Mania
Seroquel effectiveness for Mania (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Seroquel for Mania * :
Age of people who take Seroquel for Mania * :
Who find Seroquel more effective for Mania?
Gender of people who find Seroquel more effective * :
Age of people who find Seroquel more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Extreme sensitivity to smells days prior to an attack of Cyclic vomiting.
Eating processed foods will set off an attack of cyclic vomiting.
Had no cyclic vomiting for 7 years and it has now returned a few months ago.
From this study (2 months ago):
Concerta XL = 108 mg (morning)
Depakote 500 mg (afternoon)
Promethazine 25mg (Night)
From this study (2 years ago):
I recently was put on lyrica & had horrible side effects within 10 days, I suffer from severe depression. This med made me feel exhausted, dizzy, sleepy, I honestly felt like I was in a fog all of the time-while I was on it. My dr took me off of lyrica & put me on Sulindac. Jeez, within 5 days I was so depressed that all I wanted to do was cry, I felt like my life was nothing but doom & gloon, I called the prescribing dr & he told me to take 1/2 a pill twice a day instead of 1 whole pill twice a day. I did as I was instructed & it was pretty much the same. I talked to my pharmacist about this after being on this med for 4 wks. my pharmacist advised me to ween myself off of this med starting right then. So I slowly went off of it. I'm much better emotionally now. My psychiatrist is so mad at my pain dr he can't even see straight. we finally got the right combination of psych drugs that work for me & my pain dr goes out on his own & prescribes me meds that apparently don't agree with me. Your professional opinion?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Seroquel, Mania
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
More reviews for: Seroquel, Mania
Recent studies of taking Seroquel in Mania on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Levothyroxine Sodium, Seroquel for a patient with Back Injury, Hypothyroidism, Mania. The patient has Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Percocet, Ambien, Celexa, Seroquel, Estradiol, Xanax for a patient with Chronic Pain, Chronic Insomnia, Depression, Mania, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Panic Attacks. The patient has Sulindac, Lyrica
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel Xr, Lithium Carbonate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vistaril, Extra Strength Tylenol - 500mg for a patient with Mania, Bipolar 1, Hypothyroidism, Panic Disorder, Migraine Pain, Pain Exacerbated. The patient has Migrine Came Back After Using Tyllenol
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a patient with Mania. The patient has Imprisonment
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel Xr, Buspar for a patient with Mania, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
More related studies for: Seroquel, Mania
Recent Mania related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Seroquel, Mania
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Intestinal Adenocarcinoma
- Anion Gap Decreased
- Chlamydial Infection Nos