Home > Migraines > Flexeril > Flexeril for Migraines
How effective is Flexeril for Migraines (Migraine)?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is for Migraines. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 12 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flexeril for Migraines >>>
What is Flexeril
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,436 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Migraines (headache) (latest reports from 172,717 patients) can be treated by Topamax, Imitrex, Topiramate, Maxalt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12 people are studied for taking Flexeril in Migraines
Flexeril effectiveness for Migraines (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Flexeril for Migraines * :
Age of people who take Flexeril for Migraines * :
Who find Flexeril more effective for Migraines?
Gender of people who find Flexeril more effective * :
Age of people who find Flexeril more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Can raynauds syndrome cause moderate neuraopathy?
I have been diagnosed with moderate neuropathy. After multiple blood tests and diabetes testing, the doctor concluded that the cause of the neuropathy is unknown, possible genetic. In talking with my family, I cannot identify anyone who has/had this diagnosis. I am receiving no treatment at this tim ...
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Can flexiral withdraw cause angina? also notice when it's time for a bowel movement
I've had a resent (2 weeks ago) stress and nucular scan with no sign of heart attack. Also I get this feeling occasionally before a bowel movement
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
- Can i take 10mg wellbutrin and 15mg cyclobenziprin
Wellbutrin make lose weight and give me head aches so I take cyclobenzaprin for weight gain and head aches
- Will using butalbital 6-7 times a month for migraines result in dependency?
I experience migraines 6-7 times a month and have found butalbital/aspirin/caffeine to be very effective in managing pain. Does anyone know if this rate of usage can cause dependency? I have been taking butalbital since 2007. My migraines are very unpredictable--occasionally I will go 2-3 weeks with ...
- Will prednizone help relieve migraines
Suffering continuous migraines as I've been diagnosed with lymes disease for about 10 yrs
More questions for: Flexeril, Migraines
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Savella & synthroid hell!
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
- Libido increase with xyrem
Although it appears by my med list that I am a train wreck, its quite the contrary. Now that my migraine headaches have been controlled by Inderal & Cymbalta and my thyroid is under control, the only thing left to do was to fall asleep at the oddest times, which progressed to not being able to stand ...
- Topiramate vs name brand -hair loss
I was originally taking 1.50mgs of topiramate but it was affecting my stomach so bad I couldn't leave the house after a meal. I cut it down to .75mg a day and stomach issues resided. After about6-8 months in I noticed my hair coming out in small clumps in shower. I could visually see the difference ...
- Synthroid (generic-levothyroxine) lymphocyte increase
Take generic adderall 10mg (amphetamine salt) daily for ADHD and just started on levothyroxine only therapy about 1 week ago. I take generic fioricet w/cod for migraines as needed, usually twice a month for migraines that linger.
Took my levothyroxine and amphetamine about noon, had slept in becaus ...
More reviews for: Flexeril, Migraines
Recent studies of taking Flexeril in Migraines on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Toprol-xl, Oxycontin, Flexeril, Mobic, Oxycodone for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Migraine, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Petechiae
- A study of drug interactions between Diclofenac Sodium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Flexeril for a patient with Muscle Injury, Pain, Migraine, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Bipolar 2, Tremor - Essential. The patient has Diarrhea
More related studies for: Flexeril, Migraines
Recent Migraines related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Relpax, Maxalt, Sumatriptan, Zomig for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Propranolol Hydrochloride, Divalproex for a 23-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Benicar, Topamax Sprinkle for a 62-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Tegretol, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 64-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Indocin, Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 38-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Sumatriptan for a 44-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Rizatriptan Benzoate, Sumatriptan Succinate for a 28-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Dihydroergotamine Mesylate, Ergotamine Tartrate And Caffeine for a 28-year old man who has Migraine
More related comparison studies for: Flexeril, Migraines
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.