Home > Mini stroke > Aspirin > Aspirin for Mini stroke
How effective is Aspirin for Mini stroke (Transient ischemic attack)?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Aspirin (aspirin) is for Mini stroke. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 23 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aspirin for Mini stroke >>>
What is Aspirin
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,460 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots.
Mini stroke (neurological event with the signs and symptoms of a stroke, but which go away within a short period of time) (latest reports from 337 patients) can be treated by Plavix, Aspirin, Aggrenox, Clopidogrel, Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 23 people are studied for taking Aspirin in Mini stroke
Aspirin effectiveness for Mini stroke (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Aspirin for Mini stroke * :
|Mini stroke||0.00%||4.35%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.04%||34.78%||47.83% |
Who find Aspirin more effective for Mini stroke?
Age of people who find Aspirin more effective * :
|Mini stroke||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||45.45%||27.27% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can high dose aspirin cause joint pain like arthritis?
Told by Cardiologist to take 300mg aspirin daily and anti coagulant, both for about 1 year following insertion of stent, and because of 60% blockage on another unstented artery. Now getting joint pains like arthritis.
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Is xanax useful to trear increased heart rate
pulse rate sky high and very nervous. took half a skelaxin barrel shaped pill beige in color.
- Does plavix hoarseness lessen or recede?
I started taking Plavix prior to a stent placement one week ago. After two or three days I developed a hoarseness and voice interference.
- Can metoprolyl and atorvastatin cause dementia
My dad had a heart attack at age 84 and was put on Metoprolol and Atorvastatin following his heart attack. We started noticing a decline in his cognitive functioning, memory, and speech after his heart attack. He was diagnosed with Alzeihmer's Disorder last year at age 87, however, the Dr. said he p ...
More questions for: Aspirin, Mini stroke
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Concerned and worried
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Reaction to methylpred
I have a severe case of poison ivy for which I was given Prednisone. Still suffering 1 week later went back to doctor (was at 2x/day at that point) and was then put on methylpred 4mg PAK. Today is my second day on this. First noted tingling on my insides in my trunk area this morning, later in arms ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Melformin and hiccups
Started Metformin yesterday at 250 mg after breakfast. Severe hiccups for 5+ hours, approx 5 - 10.30 p.m. Very hard to relieve by breathing into a bag and took several tries to stop. Could not stop until I alkalised with Bi-carb soda in water, twice. Started again in the night, about 1.30 am. Took ...
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Plavix and miscarriage
I have had two miscarriages in the past two years. Both were at 5 weeks 3 days gestation. My doctors think it was my age and not the result of any of my drug regimen.
- Flecanide caused high blood pressure
After two months of taking 100 +100 mg Flecanide, blood pressure increased to 150 /95
BP is coming back to normal after reducing dosage to 50+50 mg per day
Will meet my doctor to discuss if flecanide could be replaced
More reviews for: Aspirin, Mini stroke
Recent studies of taking Aspirin in Mini Stroke on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Plavix, Lisinopril, Lipitor for a patient with Mini Stroke, Post 2 Minor Srokes. The patient has Unexpected Therapeutic Drug Effect
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Cranberry Extract, B Complex Vitamin, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin C, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D, Calcium Citrate, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin, Anastrozole for a patient with Tia, Urinary Tract Infection, Stress Symptoms, Osteoarthritis, Anal Inflammation, Viral Infection, Osteopenia, High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Metastases To Breast
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Celebrex, Skelaxin, Diazepam, Zyrtec-d 12 Hour, Omega 3, Zantac 300, Protonix, Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Effexor for a patient with Dysthymia, Back Injury, Low Back Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Allergies, Blood Triglycerides, Gerd, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Tia. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Tadalafil, Aspirin, Allopurinol, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine, Perindopril Erbumine for a patient with Erectile Dysfunction, Tia, Gout, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Bad Dreams
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Lunesta, Percocet, Aspirin, Proventil for a patient with Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain Management, Tia, Copd. The patient has Ritalin
More related studies for: Aspirin, Mini stroke
Recent Mini Stroke related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Aspirin, Mini stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (1 hour ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Metformin Hydrochloride
- Wrinkles Aging Changes
- Congenital Anomaly
- Microgestin 1/20