Home > Mood stabilizer > Depakote > Depakote for Mood stabilizer
How effective is Depakote for Mood stabilizer (Mood swings)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Depakote (divalproex sodium) is for Mood stabilizer. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 44 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer >>>
What is Depakote
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,921 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Mood stabilizer (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,951 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote, Trileptal, Lithium Carbonate.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 44 people are studied for taking Depakote in Mood stabilizer
Depakote effectiveness for Mood stabilizer (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||54.55%||45.45% |
Age of people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||25.00%||22.73%||18.18%||4.55%||11.36% |
Who find Depakote more effective for Mood stabilizer?
Gender of people who find Depakote more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who find Depakote more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||13.33%||13.33%||6.67%||13.33% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- How do i control my appetite?
currently taking zoloft 15 mg once a day, depacote 500 mg twice a day and abilify 10 mg once a day. having a hard time getting out of bed due to depression. have no appetite when for the first few hours after I wake up, but in the evening all I want to do is eat. what can help to control my cravings ...
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- Is it safe to take ditropan xl after having lap-band surgery?
I have had Lap-Band surgery and after being on Diptropan XL six weeks, I am having severe stomach pains, constipation, and depression. I am afraid it has damaged my Lap-Band. Is this safe for me to take?
- Does ditropan xl cause depression especially in people who are bipolar?
Since starting Ditropan XL I have become depressed and anxious. Is this common?
- Has any pt that is carrier of hep b virus encountered mania and had to use a stabilizer like depakot ofr lamictal or lithium.? i'm researching if incident of hepatotoxicity might occur. comments?
Adopted Daughter born Hep B carrier, no symptoms. ADHD since 8 yrs old. at 15 yrs, recent signs of mania or biploar. started on depakote but concern for hepatotoxicity and weight gain.
Would very much appreciate feedback from persons with direct experiences.
More questions for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
Recent studies of taking Depakote in Mood Stabilizer on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Flovent Diskus 250, Albuterol, Duricef, Multivitamin, Penicillin, Naproxen, Depakote, Xanax, Lexapro, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Pain - Back, Asthma, Asthmatic Crisis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Toothache, Inflammation, Mood Stabilizer, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Bladder Control, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Spinal Cord Herniation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Low Thyroid (abnormally low thyroid hormone production)
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Mood Stabilizer, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Cogentin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Divalproex Sodium, Temazepam, Imipramine Pamoate for a patient with Insomnia, Extrapyramidal Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Depression. The patient has Dystonia
More related studies for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
Recent Mood Stabilizer related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine, Zyprexa for a 19-year old girl who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Effexor Xr for a 62-year old man who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Abilify, Synthroid, Effexor Xr, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Dexilant, Divalproex Sodium for a 45-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Clonazepam (Teva) - 1MG, Spironolactone (Mylan) - 50MG, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride (Barr) - EQ 20MG BASE for a 66-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Topamax, Trileptal (Novartis) - 600MG for a 24-year old woman who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate (Roxane) - 150MG, Trileptal (Novartis) - 150MG for a 59-year old woman who has Mood Stabilizer
More related comparison studies for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.