Home > Mood stabilizer > Depakote > Depakote for Mood stabilizer
How effective is Depakote for Mood stabilizer (Mood swings)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Depakote (divalproex sodium) is for Mood stabilizer. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 44 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer >>>
What is Depakote
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,926 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Mood stabilizer (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,885 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote, Trileptal, Seroquel.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 44 people are studied for taking Depakote in Mood stabilizer
Depakote effectiveness for Mood stabilizer (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||54.55%||45.45% |
Age of people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||25.00%||22.73%||18.18%||4.55%||11.36% |
Who find Depakote more effective for Mood stabilizer?
Gender of people who find Depakote more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who find Depakote more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||13.33%||13.33%||6.67%||13.33% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Cailin, Tested Positive For Speed, and takes Norco, Cymbalta, Depakote)
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Depakote)
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Anxiety, Depression - Chronic, Psychosis, and takes Geodon, Clonazepam, Depakote)
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
More questions for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
Recent studies of taking Depakote in Mood Stabilizer (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness Exertional, Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
Comments: Seated for approx 3 minutes before BP was taken. Result 90/66, pulse 65. I get dizzy and out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs. I am a competitive Masters Level Bicyclist.
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with Mood Swings. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: Burning, tingling, itching, redness bottom of feet
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
Comments: I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
More related studies for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.