Home > Mood stabilizer > Depakote > Depakote for Mood stabilizer
How effective is Depakote for Mood stabilizer (Mood swings)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Depakote (divalproex sodium) is for Mood stabilizer. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 44 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer >>>
What is Depakote
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,913 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Mood stabilizer (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 122,112 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote, Trileptal, Lithium Carbonate.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 44 people are studied for taking Depakote in Mood stabilizer
Depakote effectiveness for Mood stabilizer (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||54.55%||45.45% |
Age of people who take Depakote for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||25.00%||22.73%||18.18%||4.55%||11.36% |
Who find Depakote more effective for Mood stabilizer?
Gender of people who find Depakote more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who find Depakote more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||13.33%||13.33%||6.67%||13.33% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Concerta XL = 108 mg (morning)
Depakote 500 mg (afternoon)
Promethazine 25mg (Night)
From this study (4 months ago):
Leg/left weakness and gives out
Degenerative disc disease
L1 S5 herniation/bulging
Numbness tingling loss of use and feeling left leg
From this study (6 months ago):
My 18 yo daughter has interlectual deplayments, is on Depakote, Prozac and diazepam, nortrel, multivitiamin. Her thyroid level came back elevated. reason for test was significiant weight gain.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
Recent studies of taking Depakote in Mood Stabilizer on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Flovent Diskus 250, Albuterol, Duricef, Multivitamin, Penicillin, Naproxen, Depakote, Xanax, Lexapro, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Pain - Back, Asthma, Asthmatic Crisis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Toothache, Inflammation, Mood Stabilizer, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Bladder Control (Urinary incontinence), Loss Of Control Of Legs, Spinal Cord Herniation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated (Weakness)
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Low Thyroid (abnormally low thyroid hormone production)
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Mood Stabilizer, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Olanzapine, Cogentin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Divalproex Sodium, Temazepam, Imipramine Pamoate for a patient with Insomnia, Extrapyramidal Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Depression. The patient has Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow)
More related studies for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
Recent Mood Stabilizer related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depakote, Mood stabilizer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.