Home > Mood stabilizer > Lamictal > Lamictal for Mood stabilizer
How effective is Lamictal for Mood stabilizer (Mood swings)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Lamictal (lamotrigine) is for Mood stabilizer. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 225 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamictal for Mood stabilizer >>>
What is Lamictal
Lamictal (latest outcomes from 40,544 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Mood stabilizer (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,951 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote, Trileptal, Lithium Carbonate.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 225 people are studied for taking Lamictal in Mood stabilizer
Lamictal effectiveness for Mood stabilizer (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Lamictal for Mood stabilizer * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.89%||0.89%||8.00%||20.89%||28.89%||19.11%||17.33%||4.00% |
Who find Lamictal more effective for Mood stabilizer?
Age of people who find Lamictal more effective * :
|Mood stabilizer||0.00%||1.25%||3.75%||16.25%||28.75%||21.25%||23.75%||5.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Effects taking lamictal abilify and pristiq
Although I take these three drugs I am still experiencing symptoms of lethargy, lack of appetite Are these symptoms perhaps side effects of these grubs?
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
- Does anybody know if lamictal xr increases ck levels?
I was only taking Notryptiline 50 mg a day, 400 mg (200mg x 2 a day) of Lamectal XR, and my CK levels keep on going up. Which one of these medications is raising my CK levels? Does anybody know? Please help.
In March of 2014, I was hospitalized due to 5000 CK levels. I was released with CK ...
- Can lamictal odt cause severe pulmonary hypertension
started new dose of Lamictal starter pack. Since starting noticed decrease in pulmonary function. Now it is severe, Seems to correlate with the starter pack increasing dosage
- Does lamictal and topimax work together to control depression in bipolar i
Does topamax and lamictal work together as a first line defense for depression with bipolar illness? Or does geodon and focal in help keep the brain in balance? The meds need to stop anxiety too. Without focal in it can not get out of bed in mornings. Morning I can tolerate lunch on I am struggli ...
- I am prescribed methadone and lamictal. at my peak, i nod a little. is this normal?
I began taking Methadone during my pregnancy per Drs order. I was only on Vicodine, Ambien, Seraquil and Lexapro and stopped immediately after the positive pregnancy result. I have never experienced the nod before. I hate it. Am I the only 1? I'm only on 55mgs of Methadone and 25mgs of Lamictal.
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- I take lamictal for depression. can lamictal cause motion sickness because i get motion sickness when driving on freeway only.
I get motion sickness on the freeway when I am driving the car. I'm wondering if this is caused by the lamictal I am taking?
More questions for: Lamictal, Mood stabilizer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lamictal and eyes being gooey.
While taking this medication, I experienced eye goo, sometimes stringing across my eye. Occasionally it would dry overnight and becoming crusty. I took this medication for over a year and the doctor kept prescribing me medication for conjunctivitis.
When I finally stopped taking this medication, ...
- Lamotrigine and indigestion
I started taking Lamotrigine about a month or two ago. I think it has alleviated my depression somewhat but it has also been causing me pretty severe gastric and intestinal problems. I wake up every morning with indigestion/ and pressure in my stomach, I also have constipation I have gone several da ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Hit and miss sleep with dextroamphetamine
Started drug 2 months ago and have seen an improvement in my focus. Ziprosidone for my depression causes me to get dead tired by 7 pm. Once I started taking Dextroamphetamine I started having insomnia 2 times a week. I think I would rather sleep early than stay up all night and then try and stay a ...
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Lamictal, Mood stabilizer
Recent studies of taking Lamictal in Mood Stabilizer on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with Mood Swings. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Testosterone, Tramadol, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Lisinopril, Welchol, Omeprazole for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Blood Testosterone Increased, Back Pain, Pain In Limb, Mood Stabilizer, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd. The patient has Creatinine Renal Clearance Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Ocusert Pilo-20, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Tylenol, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lunesta, Clonazepam, Lamictal, Nexium, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Dry Mouth, Itching, Ankle Pain, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Gerd, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Allegra, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Cymbalta, Synthroid, Nexium for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Allergic Sinusitis, Vitamin B-12 Level, High Blood Pressure, Mood Stabilizer, Nerve Compression, Hypothyroidism, Gerd. The patient has Vaginal Oedema, Essential Tremor, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd
More related studies for: Lamictal, Mood stabilizer
Recent Mood Stabilizer related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine, Zyprexa for a 19-year old girl who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Effexor Xr for a 62-year old man who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Abilify, Synthroid, Effexor Xr, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Dexilant, Divalproex Sodium for a 45-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Clonazepam (Teva) - 1MG, Spironolactone (Mylan) - 50MG, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride (Barr) - EQ 20MG BASE for a 66-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Topamax, Trileptal (Novartis) - 600MG for a 24-year old woman who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate (Roxane) - 150MG, Trileptal (Novartis) - 150MG for a 59-year old woman who has Mood Stabilizer
More related comparison studies for: Lamictal, Mood stabilizer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (49 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Helicobacter Pylori Associated Gastrointestinal Disease
- Eosinophilic Pneumonia
- Completed Suicide
- Peritoneal Cloudy Effluent