Home > Mood swings > Trileptal > Trileptal for Mood swings
How effective is Trileptal for Mood swings?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Trileptal (oxcarbazepine) is for Mood swings. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 42 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Trileptal for Mood swings >>>
What is Trileptal
Trileptal (latest outcomes from 11,876 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) (latest reports from 121,951 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote, Trileptal, Seroquel.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 42 people are studied for taking Trileptal in Mood swings
Trileptal effectiveness for Mood swings (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Trileptal for Mood swings * :
|Mood swings||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who take Trileptal for Mood swings * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||2.38%||9.52%||33.33%||26.19%||14.29%||9.52%||4.76% |
Who find Trileptal more effective for Mood swings?
Gender of people who find Trileptal more effective * :
|Mood swings||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who find Trileptal more effective * :
|Mood swings||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||38.46%||23.08%||15.38%||7.69%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- Does "apraxia" of hand exist or is it called spasticity for tbi
A moderate TBI secondary to a craniotomy effecting the frontal and temporal lobes.
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
- Is it all right to take garcinia cambogia with oxcarbazepine?
I do not have seizures very often, but the last one, was 2 months ago.
This happened because I combine several wrong actions, like drank alcohol, lack of sleep and I forgot my medicine for 3 days.
- I'm experiencing nocturnal leg cramps nightly since taking latuda. has anyone else experienced this? i've been on latuda for three months.
I exercise regularly (4x a week) for the past 10 years. It's mainly gym workouts and occasionally on the tennis court. Since taking latuda, I have experienced several painful leg cramps in both legs every night. I have increased water intake, magnesium, calcium and potassium from food and supplement ...
- My wife of 14 years is seeing people following her. also i cant leave my home without being accused of multiple women
my wife thinks people are following her. she also thinks when i go to work i'm seeing a woman. if i sit at home i'm going to the neighbors and seeing a woman. i cannot leave my home or go to work without her accusing me.
- Trileptal and seroquel and ativan and zyrtec taken together
I took Zyrtec and started having chest pain an hour ago and I just took my regular night meds trileptal 300mg and seroquel 100mg and Ativan 2mg and now feeling weak and dizzy
- What has been the best outcome from prescriptions for mania
I'm currently on xanax xr 3mg with 1 mg supplement as needed (rarely) but have been on the depekote with the Clonazepam with depekote it worked for about 9 months and seemed to wear off. Then was put on lithium with the Clonazepam sorta the same worked but kinda wore off and had trouble during elev ...
- Will my vision return to normal or will i have to live this way?
I took this drug for 5 weeks and then my vision turned blurry. I also had my sodium levels to drop.
- I have been prescribed oxcarbazepine three weeks ago, increasing the dosage from 600 mg to 1200 mg/day. i am not epileptic. my headaches are now excruciating. is this the wrong drug for me?
I have been on nortriptaline, carbamazapine, gabapentin and now on oxcarbazepine. None of the drugs has helped. Only ibuprofen has relieved the pain. Any suggestions how to find relief? Is surgery the only option? Why am I put on anti-epileptic drugs or on bipolar disorder drugs? My unilateral fac ...
More questions for: Trileptal, Mood swings
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Could trileptal cause benign intracranial hypertension
My Daughter is 9 and was on Trileptal for three years and just started to have severe headaches that lasted for two weeks and were quickly and poorly diagnosed as a status migraine. Another week of pain and incorrect treatments finally led to more tests and the correct diagnosis of IIH. Supposedly ...
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Serious oxcarbazepine (trileptal) side effect
My mom suffered from acute facial nerve pain for almost last 8 years which was diagnosed for Trigeminal Neuralgia. The pain started suddenly and she started and continued the treatment with Lyrica. In the beginning, the pain would go away after several months and start again in a year or two. How ...
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
More reviews for: Trileptal, Mood swings
Recent studies of taking Trileptal in Mood Swings on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Atorvastatin Calcium, Oxcarbazepine, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Alprazolam for a patient with Excessive Or Unwanted Hair In Women, Lipids Abnormal, Mood Stabilizer, Add, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Breast Tenderness
- A study of drug interactions between Lupron, Seroquel, Trileptal, Ativan for a patient with Endometriosis, Sleep Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Sleep Condition. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Cognitive Deterioration, Speech Impairment (adult), Vision Impairment, Dizziness Aggravated, Hypertension
- A study of side effects of TRILEPTAL for a patient with Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Diarrhea, Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Synthroid, Mirapex, Daytrana, Trileptal, Effexor for a patient with Low Calcium, Thyroid Cancer. Thyroidectomy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Narcolepsy, Mood Stabilizer, Depression. The patient has Severe Increase In Restless Legs. Legs And Feet Cramping. Legs Aching.
More related studies for: Trileptal, Mood swings
Recent Mood Swings related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine, Zyprexa for a 19-year old girl who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Effexor Xr for a 62-year old man who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Abilify, Synthroid, Effexor Xr, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Dexilant, Divalproex Sodium for a 45-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Clonazepam (Teva) - 1MG, Spironolactone (Mylan) - 50MG, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride (Barr) - EQ 20MG BASE for a 66-year old man who has Mood Swings
- Comparions of Topamax, Trileptal (Novartis) - 600MG for a 24-year old woman who has Mood Stabilizer
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate (Roxane) - 150MG, Trileptal (Novartis) - 150MG for a 59-year old woman who has Mood Stabilizer
More related comparison studies for: Trileptal, Mood swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.