Home > Myasthenia gravis > Prednisone > Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis
How effective is Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Prednisone (prednisone) is for Myasthenia gravis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 48 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis >>>
What is Prednisone
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,937 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) (latest reports from 8,756 patients) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Cellcept, Imuran, Prednisolone.
On Oct, 20, 2014: 48 people are studied for taking Prednisone in Myasthenia gravis
Prednisone effectiveness for Myasthenia gravis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||56.25%||43.75% |
Age of people who take Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||2.08%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||16.67%||14.58%||22.92%||35.42% |
Who find Prednisone more effective for Myasthenia gravis?
Gender of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Myasthenia gravis||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||22.73%||18.18%||27.27%||22.73% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
For 6 years I have been taking predisone to treat my Myasthenia Gravis, which is primarily ocular. I've always had moderate situational anxiety but as soon as I began taking prednison my axiety sky rocketed. My predinsone doses have ranged from 5-30mg per day, depending on weather or not I am in remission, but every time I have tried to get off prednisone I have a bad flare up. My neurologist began treating my anxiety 6 years ago with clonazepam and it worked for me for about 4 years. The entire 5th year of being on clonazepam it had little to no effect on controlling my anxiety any longer. I have also taken mestinon along side of prednisone to treat my myasthenia gravis but it had little effect on my condition. This past year my family practioner tapered me off the clonazepam using alprazolam and it has been working very well. Recently, due to an overload of general life responsibilities, I have began to have another flare up. This is the first time while on alprazolam that this has occured. I have been on 5mg of prednisone and 2mg of alprazolam daily for the past year or so and have been problem free. Today I have had to bump back up to 20mg of prednisone to control my Myasthenia Gravis, but I am having extremly peaked anxiety levels. Hopefully I will be seeing one of my doctors this week.
From this study (2 years ago):
I have had some memory issues and was wondering if this could be the result of medicine or the MG.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
Recent studies of taking Prednisone in Myasthenia Gravis on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Prednisone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Prednisone, Cellcept, Naprosyn, Testosterone, Progesterone, Advair Diskus 250/50, Flonase for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, Arthritis, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Asthma, Sinus Headache. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (Hyperhidrosis)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Imuran, Coumadin, Lopressor for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis, Deep Vein Thrombosis, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Prednisone
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Mestinon, Prednisone, Lovaza, Nuvigil, Cymbalta, Lomotil, Furosemide, Diazepam, Temazepam for a patient with Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Myasthenia Gravis, Hyperlipidemia, Sleepiness - During The Day, Antidepressant Drug Level Therapeutic, Antidiahrreal, Fluid Retention, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Implant Site Bruising, Bruisewort
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Alendronate Sodium
More related studies for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
Recent Myasthenia Gravis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (59 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Solidago Virgaurea