How effective is Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Prednisone (prednisone) is for Myasthenia gravis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 49 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis >>>
What is Prednisone
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) (latest reports from 8,757 patients) can be treated by Mestinon, Prednisone, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Cellcept, Prednisolone, Azathioprine.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 49 people are studied for taking Prednisone in Myasthenia gravis
Prednisone effectiveness for Myasthenia gravis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||55.10%||44.90% |
Age of people who take Prednisone for Myasthenia gravis * :
|Myasthenia gravis||2.04%||0.00%||0.00%||8.16%||16.33%||14.29%||24.49%||34.69% |
Who find Prednisone more effective for Myasthenia gravis?
Gender of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Myasthenia gravis||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||22.73%||18.18%||27.27%||22.73% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
Recent studies of taking Prednisone in Myasthenia Gravis on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Prednisone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Prednisone, Cellcept, Naprosyn, Testosterone, Progesterone, Advair Diskus 250/50, Flonase for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, Arthritis, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Asthma, Sinus Headache. The patient has Sweating - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Imuran, Coumadin, Lopressor for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis, Deep Vein Thrombosis, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Prednisone
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Mestinon, Prednisone, Lovaza, Nuvigil, Cymbalta, Lomotil, Furosemide, Diazepam, Temazepam for a patient with Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Myasthenia Gravis, Hyperlipidemia, Sleepiness - During The Day, Antidepressant Drug Level Therapeutic, Antidiahrreal, Fluid Retention, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Implant Site Bruising, Bruisewort
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Alendronate Sodium
More related studies for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
Recent Myasthenia Gravis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Myasthenia gravis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Breathlessness and Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Flutter
- Bisoprolol Fumarate
Recent user comments
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- "Anxiety-driven retching when forcd to perform/present ... " (7 hours ago)
- Partial Seizures
- Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia
- Candesartan Cilexetil