Home > Myofascial pain syndrome > Prednisone > Prednisone for Myofascial pain syndrome
How effective is Prednisone for Myofascial pain syndrome (Fibromyalgia)?
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Prednisone (prednisone) is for Myofascial pain syndrome. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 10 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone for Myofascial pain syndrome >>>
What is Prednisone
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,968 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Myofascial pain syndrome
Myofascial pain syndrome (a painful condition that affects the muscles and the sheath of the tissue) (latest reports from 92,293 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 10 people are studied for taking Prednisone in Myofascial pain syndrome
Prednisone effectiveness for Myofascial pain syndrome (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Prednisone for Myofascial pain syndrome * :
|Myofascial pain syndrome||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who take Prednisone for Myofascial pain syndrome * :
|Myofascial pain syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||40.00%||10.00%||40.00% |
Who find Prednisone more effective for Myofascial pain syndrome?
Gender of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Myofascial pain syndrome||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Myofascial pain syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- Can r-chop chemotherapy cause aortic stenosis?
Treated with 3 courses of R-CHOP plus radiotherapy for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of orbit of eye in 2010. In complete remission until 2014 then relapse of genetically identical tumor in maxillary sinus. Recently have received 3 courses of R-ICE. During the past week I have had a cardiac ECHO ...
- I am 80 yrs., taken prempro 45 years no side effects. doctor stopped because i am nt of xarelto
I have been taken off Prempro and now am having 5-6 Hot Flashes daily. I am taking Xarelto because I had blood clot after knee surgery.The clot no longer exist and I have about 6 weeks more of Xarelto.
Can I go back on Prempro - if so, when? I took it for 45 years with no problems- only benefit ...
- Can i do anything to help dysphonia associated with prednisone tablets?
Taking Prednisone tablets for temporal arteritis. Noticed voice getting hoarse and believe go be dysphonia side effect. Wondering if anything I can do to help alleviate.
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Vancomycin can a rapid bolus over a few minutes via a short drip perforate only one ear drum.
Septic breast wounds after bilateral lumpectomy.Pencil drain left in (L) breast for 5 months cause septecemia.E Fascalis + S. Aureus.Vancomycin was diluted with 10 ml sterile water then administrated directly via a short drip with a rapid bolus over a few minutes instead via a 100 ml Saline drip ove ...
More questions for: Prednisone, Myofascial pain syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- So sleepy with savella
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
More reviews for: Prednisone, Myofascial pain syndrome
Recent studies of taking Prednisone in Myofascial Pain Syndrome on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Acute Pancreatitis (sudden inflammation of the pancreas)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lisinopril, Rythmol Sr, Coumadin, Norvasc, Zetia, Avapro, Nexium, Reglan, Prednisone, Lovaza, Remeron, Ambien, Lortab for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Cholesterol Test, Blood Pressure, Barrett's Esophagus, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Aging Changes In The Heart And Blood Vessels, Acid Reflux, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Pain. The patient has Cymbalta, Prednisone
More related studies for: Prednisone, Myofascial pain syndrome
Recent Myofascial Pain Syndrome related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Norco, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lyrica, Ms Contin for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Tramadol for a 44-year old man who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Zoloft, , Vicodin, Cymbalta, Gabapentin for a 58-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Tramadol, Naproxen, Savella, Neurontin for a 36-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Savella, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 45-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Etodolac for a 53-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
More related comparison studies for: Prednisone, Myofascial pain syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.