Home > Nausea and vomiting > Nexium > Nexium for Nausea and vomiting
How effective is Nexium for Nausea and vomiting?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 4.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is for Nausea and vomiting. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 13 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Nexium for Nausea and vomiting >>>
What is Nexium
Nexium (latest outcomes from 73,110 users) has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting (latest reports from 1,062,302 patients) can be treated by Phenergan, Zofran, Omeprazole, Ondansetron, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Zofran Odt.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 13 people are studied for taking Nexium in Nausea and vomiting
Nexium effectiveness for Nausea and vomiting (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Nexium for Nausea and vomiting * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||30.77%||23.08%||0.00%||15.38%||30.77% |
Who find Nexium more effective for Nausea and vomiting?
Age of people who find Nexium more effective * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anybody have morning oral bleeds while on forteo?
I have morning bleeds which are intermittent. I have been on Nexium for heartburn and after I started forteo the bleeds got very heavy and the time between bleeds shorter.Can somebody shed some light on this? I had endoscopy and bronchoscopy with no lead to where it is coming from I am stopping fort ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
- How much is good dose for infants with refux
My 4 month old infant has had problems with formula and eventually diagnosed with Reflux. took the 10 m mixed with one once of water for a month and half, saw some relief, but and he is now having the reflux again. It mostly prevents him to enjoy awake time and disturbs his sleep. he still eats and ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
- What to do when one take 20 dose of propranolol 40mg?
a normal person take 20 doses of propranolol 40 mg at a single time. now vomiting and dizziness are the conditions
- I am recently taking prozac and nexium and recently developed a cough. could it be a drug reaction?
I have developed a cough since taking Nexium and prozac.want to know if this is common.
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
More questions for: Nexium, Nausea and vomiting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Apple cider vinegar does work in place of nexium.
I took the maximum dose of drugs from I was 4 years old to control my conditions. I was, until recently, on Nexium 70mg per day.
I went cold turkey and started instead to take apple cider vinegar with the mother. I remain off all medication and I am able to control my symptoms using 1 tablespn 3 ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- Neulasta side effect
Day 7 post neulasta injection, experienced 24-36 hours of intense nausea, vomiting, and bone pain.
More reviews for: Nexium, Nausea and vomiting
Recent studies of taking Nexium in Nausea And Vomiting on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Vincristine Sulfate, Rituxan, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Warfarin Sodium, Neurontin, Furosemide, Digoxin, Coreg, Klor-con M10, Nexium for a patient with Non-hodgkin's Lymphoma Stage Iv, Congestive Cardiac Failure, Mechanical Heart Valve, Neuropathy, Blood Potassium Decreased, Upset Stomach. The patient has Muscle Cramps
More related studies for: Nexium, Nausea and vomiting
Recent Nausea And Vomiting related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Phenergan, Zofran Odt for a 40-year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting
- Comparions of Kytril, Zofran, Sancuso, Aprepitant, Aloxi for a 57-year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine Pamoate (Watson Labs) - EQ 25MG HCL, Promethazine Hydrochloride (G And W Labs) - 25MG for a 28-year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting
- Comparions of Ondansetron (Kali Labs) - 8MG, Compazine (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 10MG BASE for a 26-year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting
- Comparions of Kapidex (Takeda Pharms) - 60MG, Pepcid Complete for a 27-year old woman who has Upset Stomach
- Comparions of Compazine (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 25MG BASE, Benadryl for a 60-year old man who has Vomiting
- Comparions of Tylenol, Gravol for a 18-year old girl who has Upset Stomach
- Comparions of Compazine (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 5MG BASE, Phenergan (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 25MG for a 27-year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting
- Comparions of Nexium (Astrazeneca) - EQ 40MG BASE, Levothroid (Lloyd) - 0.125MG for a 82-year old woman who has Stomach Upset
- Comparions of Phenergan (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - 25MG, Pepcid Ac (Merck) - 10MG for a 27-year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting
More related comparison studies for: Nexium, Nausea and vomiting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.