Home > Ocd > Lexapro > Lexapro for Ocd
How effective is Lexapro for Ocd (Obsessive-compulsive disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is for Ocd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 41 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro for Ocd >>>
What is Lexapro
Lexapro (latest outcomes from 39,339 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression.
Ocd (obsessive-compulsive disorder) (latest reports from 34,415 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox, Fluvoxamine Maleate, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Paxil.
On Oct, 24, 2014: 41 people are studied for taking Lexapro in Ocd
Lexapro effectiveness for Ocd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Lexapro for Ocd * :
Who find Lexapro more effective for Ocd?
Age of people who find Lexapro more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Similar condition occurred 7 years ago after a major back surgery while on Neurontin, Lyrica, Ambien and Metoclopromide. Eye ulcers were SEVERE and cleared after the meds were discontinued.
The Buspirone and Celexa were prescribed initially, and then more recently Lexapro was added and finally replaced Celexa) I am coincidentally currently being weaned off Buspirone, Luvox has been introduced one week ago and Lexapro decreased from 30mg to 20.
From this study (2 years ago):
Mum was on Lexapro (2.5mg for 2 month, then drug was increased to 5mg daily)
she was diagnosed to have PUD ?? 2o to Aspirin /Atrophic gastritis. She was taken off Lexapro (tappered to 2.5mg x 3 days, then ceased and to start Remeron-because of her wt loss (she has secondaries cancer in lung and liver?? from colon cancer),she was to start on 7.5mg -she has phobia of swallowing slavia, hence she refused to take the new med. Her Dr was contacted and pt was advised to restart Lexapro from 2.5mg to 5mgs. She had x 1 dose of 2.5 (after missing a dose when she took Remeron) She is due to take 5mg tonite. Very uncertain re giving pt the increased dose as she seems to have become more confused and agitated. She also c/o pain in her knee and hip joint, family is really lost as to how to handle the situation. Her medicos seem to think the family is overtly worrying for nothing. Pt is 86
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lexapro, Ocd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
More reviews for: Lexapro, Ocd
Recent studies of taking Lexapro in Ocd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Enalapril Maleate, Buspirone Hcl, Fluvoxamine Maleate, Escitalopram for a patient with Heart Disease Congenital, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Myoclonic Jerks, Corneal Clouding
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, ASPIRIN for a patient with OCD, Cardiac Disorder. The patient has Incontinence
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a patient with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of drug interactions between Focalin Xr, Clonidine Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Singulair, Focalin Xr, Lexapro, Clonidine Hydrochloride for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety In Children, Seasonal Allergy, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Double Vision (Diplopia), Tremor - Arms Or Hands, Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Lexapro, Lamictal, Intuniv for a patient with Aggression, Ocd, Mood Stabilizer, Adhd. The patient has Aggression Aggravated
More related studies for: Lexapro, Ocd
Recent Ocd related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lexapro, Ocd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Citalopram Hydrobromide
- Acute Gastritis
- Stress And Anxiety
- Victoza and Breast Cancer
Recent user comments
- "Looking to see if this drug is causing gastritis, con ... " (17 minutes ago)
- "I started having rectal bleeding/hemmroids about 2 mo ... " (35 minutes ago)
- "after 15 month i have postmenopausal bleeding i just ... " (3 hours ago)
- Congenital Hepatitis B Infection
- Carbidopa And Levodopa Mylan 50mg200mg
- Isoflavone Combined Polysaccharide
- Bronchioalveolar Carcinoma
- Grip Grass