Home > Osteoporosis > Alendronate sodium > Alendronate sodium for Osteoporosis
How effective is Alendronate sodium for Osteoporosis?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
Long term ratings: 2.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Alendronate sodium (alendronate sodium) is for Osteoporosis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 76 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Alendronate sodium for Osteoporosis >>>
What is Alendronate sodium
Alendronate sodium (latest outcomes from 17,821 users) has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) (latest reports from 216,747 patients) can be treated by Fosamax, Alendronate Sodium, Actonel, Vitamin D, Calcium, Forteo.
On Oct, 21, 2014: 76 people are studied for taking Alendronate sodium in Osteoporosis
Alendronate sodium effectiveness for Osteoporosis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Alendronate sodium for Osteoporosis * :
Who find Alendronate sodium more effective for Osteoporosis?
Age of people who find Alendronate sodium more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Alendronate sodium, Osteoporosis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Alendronate sodium, Osteoporosis
Recent studies of taking Alendronate Sodium in Osteoporosis on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Alendronate Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hcl, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Hardening Of The Arteries, Osteoporosis, Depression, Anxiety, Hypertension. The patient has Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Fosamax for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Lipomatosis (multiple soft tissue non cancer tumour in body)
- A study of side effects of Fosamax for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Etodolac, Nifedipine, Calcium, Alendronic Acid, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Lodine, Furosemide, Atenolol, Plaquenil for a patient with Sle, Blood Pressure Increased, Osteoporosis. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Pantoprazole, Alendronate Sodium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Ferrous Fumarate, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Metformin, Sulfasalazine, Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Stomach Pain, Osteoporosis, Blood Triglycerides Decreased, Vitamin D Decreased, Red Blood Cell Count Decreased, Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Rate Decreased, Heart Disease, Mitral Valve Disease Mixed. The patient has Back Pain - Low, Dizziness, Abdominal Rigidity
More related studies for: Alendronate sodium, Osteoporosis
Recent Osteoporosis related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Alendronate sodium, Osteoporosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.