Home > Overactive thyroid > Propylthiouracil > Propylthiouracil for Overactive thyroid
How effective is Propylthiouracil for Overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroidism)?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 4.2/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Propylthiouracil (propylthiouracil) is for Overactive thyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 32 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Propylthiouracil for Overactive thyroid >>>
What is Propylthiouracil
Propylthiouracil (latest outcomes from 1,092 users) has active ingredients of propylthiouracil. It is often used in hyperthyroidism.
Overactive thyroid (extra secretions from thyroid) (latest reports from 30,985 patients) can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Methimazole, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil, Levothyroxine Thyroid.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 32 people are studied for taking Propylthiouracil in Overactive thyroid
Propylthiouracil effectiveness for Overactive thyroid (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Propylthiouracil for Overactive thyroid * :
|Overactive thyroid||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who take Propylthiouracil for Overactive thyroid * :
|Overactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||15.62%||31.25%||15.62%||18.75%||12.50% |
Who find Propylthiouracil more effective for Overactive thyroid?
Gender of people who find Propylthiouracil more effective * :
|Overactive thyroid||86.67%||13.33% |
Age of people who find Propylthiouracil more effective * :
|Overactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||26.67%||26.67%||20.00%||6.67% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help overactive thyroid?
can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help Overactive thyroid? i got 14 year female that have Overactive thyroid and easy to get tired.
If her condition tired she got alot of pimple and very weak.
I got aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera to helping her. but not sure if t ...
- Can venlafaxine hydrochloride (effexor) cause hyperthyroidism in elderly women?
She was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease in her 40s and treated with thyroid supplements until her mid 80s. After taking Effexor for more than one year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism at 88.
- What interactions have been reported while taking lisinopri 5lmg; amlodipine besylate 5mg; and matopril tartrate 25mg
trying to determine if the above list of drugs are safely taken on a daily bases and if any interact causing adverse symptoms. recently had severe episodes of chest pain,test resulted in no heart attack or pulmonary embolism.
Am concerned medications could be causing my symptoms
- Does losartan cause frequent urinating, sluggishness and weaknesss?
I have developed prescription induced hyperthyroid.I have since developed hypertension, wasting muscle, rapid heart beat, weight loss.I have been placed on Losartan-75mg. I now get up 4 to 5 times a night to urinate. My dr. doesn't think its the Losartan however I do. I am also more depressed and le ...
- Does anyone have primary biliary cirrhosis due to prescription medications and if so has anyone detoxed from all mecications and received a decline in their enzyme levels but some form of dementia?
I was treated for simple depression 10 years ago which through additional and multiple prescription medication use as directed by my family doctor and pyschiatrist turned into to PBC, Hyertension, Hyperthyrodism, Bi-Polar. Once informed of the diagnosis Primary Biliary Cirrohis I choose to detox fro ...
- I was treated for overactive thyroid with methimazole, thyroid levels now lowered was directed to stop methimazole, have been off methimazole now for 3 weeks, but my blood pressure is still 224/117
I was recently diagnosed with overactive thyroid, no nodules or cancer, I had all the symptoms that you could have. Heart palpitations, high blood pressure,hand tremors, anxiety, wgt loss, muscle aches, weak legs and diarrhea. I was treated with methimazole for the overactive thyroid and inderal for ...
- I feel uncomfortable after i eat a meal. i have severe osteoporosis and wonder if it is from my body pushing on my intestines?
Since I can not stand in an upright position and need a walker I feel when I sit my stomach is being squashed and I find sometimes I have indigestion. Any ideas to help this? Is this common?
- Is there an interaction between chromium polynicotinate and synthroid
One of the ingredients, chromium polynicotinate, is in Super CitriMax Plus and want to know if it will interact with Synthroid or any of the other medications I listed above?
- Can methimazole increase weight and cholsterol
My cholesterol has shot way up and did same thing on tapazole. what's the correlation?
- I had a throidectomy and now take levothyroxine daily, i'm wondering if there is a negative impact if i start taking green bean coffee extract as well?
I took 2 green coffee bean extract tablets 1/2 hour before eating breakfast and noticed I became very shaky, with hand tremors about an hour later. I was wondering if I CAN take this extract? Maybe I need to wait 4 or more hours after taking my levothyroxine? Will this green coffee bean extract inte ...
More questions for: Propylthiouracil, Overactive thyroid
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
More reviews for: Propylthiouracil, Overactive thyroid
Recent studies of taking Propylthiouracil in Overactive Thyroid on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Propylthiouracil, Overactive thyroid
Recent Overactive Thyroid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Propylthiouracil, Overactive thyroid
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (19 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Dreams Bad
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Renal Failure