Home > Overactive thyroid > Synthroid > Synthroid for Overactive thyroid
How effective is Synthroid for Overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroidism)?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is for Overactive thyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 142 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Synthroid for Overactive thyroid >>>
What is Synthroid
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,720 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
Overactive thyroid (extra secretions from thyroid) (latest reports from 30,985 patients) can be treated by Levothyroxine Sodium, Synthroid, Methimazole, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil, Levothyroxine Thyroid.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 142 people are studied for taking Synthroid in Overactive thyroid
Synthroid effectiveness for Overactive thyroid (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Synthroid for Overactive thyroid * :
|Overactive thyroid||82.39%||17.61% |
Age of people who take Synthroid for Overactive thyroid * :
|Overactive thyroid||0.00%||0.70%||1.41%||5.63%||9.86%||24.65%||26.06%||31.69% |
Who find Synthroid more effective for Overactive thyroid?
Gender of people who find Synthroid more effective * :
|Overactive thyroid||77.50%||22.50% |
Age of people who find Synthroid more effective * :
|Overactive thyroid||0.00%||1.25%||2.50%||1.25%||11.25%||23.75%||28.75%||31.25% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Hashimotos and compictaions
Type 2 Diabetic last 5 plus years, better part of last 7 years have had ( Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness), taking most of the normal blood sugar meds, thyroid meds , had both hands carpal tunnel released , both elbows ulnar nerve released ( last surgery 8/04/2014 , still out of ...
- I use levothroxine can i develop overactive bladder with continued use?
I seeing A new doctor about 5 years ago. The drug I had been using before was from an animal source. New doctor prescribes Levothyroxine and I began taking it as prescribed and gradually the frequency and volume of urine increased until I would get up from sleep in the middle of my sleep cycle to ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- I have an under active thyroid, have been on levothyroxine,,50-75mg, since april 2014, i have terrible tremors all throught my whole body all day and all night what can be used to stop these ?
I am 52 and have also been diagnosed as menopusal, but i had an underactive thyroid, that has now become auto immune, i started to take 50 mg and was very
ill, so i asked the gp if upping it to 75 would help, he agreed, but i have now developed these inside tremmors through my legs and torso and ar ...
- Does synthroid use ever result in low creatinine levels in urine? i am on 75 mcg of synthroid and have a diluted test at probation. i am not overly hydrated and do not understand this urine screen.
hello I have abnormally low creatinine levels in urine from taking 75 mcg of synthroid daily. Does anyone else have this problem?
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- Could acromegaly cause temporal arteritis?i
I was diagnosed with acromegaly '08. I have had transphenoidal tumor removal and radiation.
New onset of severe pain temples, nausea, neck pain
I don't want to call my doctor and sound like a hypochondriac
Does anyone have experience with having acromegaly and ending up with temporal arteritis
More questions for: Synthroid, Overactive thyroid
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Synthroid and breast enlargement
I have went from a B-C cup size to a D cup in the past 8-9 months.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I switched to armour ,it's not synthetic.
I went off after 7 years on it when I discovered a link to a higher rate of lung cancer. I switched to Armour and it handled the hypothyroidism way better.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Low sperm count levothyroxine
i happend to not be able to contact doctor for a refill two weeks went by my sperm count before was so low with it i barely shot out of me two weeks later my count has quadrupled with out it id rather blow my brain out than be on that shit again
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
More reviews for: Synthroid, Overactive thyroid
Recent studies of taking Synthroid in Overactive Thyroid on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Probiotic, Lipitor, Diovan Hct, Synthroid for a patient with Health Maintenance Visit, Lower Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Night Sweats, Testicular Mass
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin for a patient with Overactive Thyroid, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Swelling Face
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, CoQ10, B Complex Vitamin, Losartan, Lipitor, Levoxyl, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with General Paresis, High Blood Pressure, Stress, High Arch, Lower Cholesterol, Overactive Thyroid, Depression. The patient has Depression, Anger
- A study of side effects of Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Gum Boil
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Lipitor, Synthroid, Hydrocortisone Acetate for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Overactive Thyroid, Addison's Disease. The patient has Fatigue
More related studies for: Synthroid, Overactive thyroid
Recent Overactive Thyroid related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Synthroid, Overactive thyroid
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (19 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Dreams Bad
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Renal Failure