Home > Pain relief > Prednisone > Prednisone for Pain relief
How effective is Prednisone for Pain relief (Pain)?
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Prednisone (prednisone) is for Pain relief. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 31 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Prednisone for Pain relief >>>
What is Prednisone
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 149,999 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Pain relief (latest reports from 248,540 patients) can be treated by Tramadol Hydrochloride, Percocet, Vicodin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Lortab.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 31 people are studied for taking Prednisone in Pain relief
Prednisone effectiveness for Pain relief (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Prednisone for Pain relief * :
|Pain relief||70.97%||29.03% |
Age of people who take Prednisone for Pain relief * :
|Pain relief||0.00%||0.00%||3.23%||12.90%||16.13%||32.26%||9.68%||25.81% |
Who find Prednisone more effective for Pain relief?
Gender of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Pain relief||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who find Prednisone more effective * :
|Pain relief||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i continue taking lysine while taking prednisone? (5 day prescription)
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Blocked Ear, and takes Prednisone, Lysine)
I am on a 5 day prescription of prednisone for my allergies/ear blockage. Is it safe for me during this time to continue taking my Lysine supplement?
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- I'm interested in your study on anastrozole. i'm taking it and have so many side effects all in the form of pain. tylenol doesn't help and i can't take nsaids. i've only been on it for three months.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Pain, and takes Anastrozole)
I have bad knee pain, trouble walking, standing, due to pain. Stiff neck. Headache. I live in two story home and stairs are painful to climb. I care for my 97 year old mother and I'm extremely crabby with her. I also work (necessarily) for three hours a day but not every day. I've been on the Anastr ...
- Has anyone with autoimmune hepatitis tried alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle and selenium
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Autoimmune Hepatitis)
Has anyone tried alpha lipoic , selenium and silybum marianum? I read an article that synergically they have anti inflammatory impact on the liver.
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
More questions for: Prednisone, Pain relief
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Prednisone induced cushing's syndrome
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Steroid Myopathy, Osteopenia, Diabetes, Peripheral Neuropathy , Cushing's Syndrome - Steroid Induced, and takes Prednisone)
Prescribed Prednisone 20mg twice daily. Took for six weeks and developed weaken muscles and swollen face. Was hospitalized and informed I had severe Cushing's Syndrome. Host of problems included glucose over 400, inflammed pancreas, triglycerides over 4,000 and vision problems. Muscles were wast ...
- Prednisone side effect: hiccups
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Allergic Reaction To Bee Sting, and takes Prednisone)
I am taking prednisone for an allergic reaction to a bee sting. 20mg for 5 days, then 10mg for 5 days. Starting the second day, I have fairly consistent hiccups, which become more severe at night. I have also previously taken prednisone to tame a severe poison ivy rash and have had the same react ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Prednisone, Pain relief
Recent studies of taking Prednisone in Pain Relief (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Joint Stiffness
Comments: I had a flu-like bout of unwellness approx 2 weeks before being diagnosed with Polymyalgia rheumatica. The onset was very sudden - went from being fully mobile, to developing neck/shoulder stiffness and then being fully immobile within 36 hours. Following two days of steroids, I felt much better but ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
More related studies for: Prednisone, Pain relief
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.