Home > Pbc > Ursodiol > Ursodiol for Pbc
How effective is Ursodiol for Pbc (Primary biliary cirrhosis)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Ursodiol (ursodiol) is for Pbc. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 9 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ursodiol for Pbc >>>
What is Ursodiol
Ursodiol (latest outcomes from 3,437 users) has active ingredients of ursodiol. It is often used in biliary cirrhosis primary.
Pbc (primary biliary cirrhosis (pbc) is a slow, chronic liver disease) (latest reports from 31 patients) can be treated by Ursodiol.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 9 people are studied for taking Ursodiol in Pbc
Ursodiol effectiveness for Pbc (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Ursodiol for Pbc * :
Age of people who take Ursodiol for Pbc * :
Who find Ursodiol more effective for Pbc?
Gender of people who find Ursodiol more effective * :
Age of people who find Ursodiol more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My 86.5 yr old mother has been prescribed vagifem. she has corotid artery occlusion, has had a mild stroke and i am wondering if she should use the vagifem.
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Corotid Artery Occlusion, Enlarged Heart, High Blood Pressure, Controlled By Medication, Bell's Palsy, Recurring Urinary Tract Infections, and takes Norvasc, Aspirin, Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Mirtazapine)
main concern is if using Vagifem will not be compatible with my Mother's pre-existing corotid artery blockage and her recent mini stroke in January 2013...
- Daily dosage increased from 80 to 160 mg, then leg cramps started. does dose matter?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Aortic Valve Stenosis, Hepatitis C, Hypertension, Mild Kidney Disease, Transplant - Liver, HCC Survivor, and takes Diovan, Prograf, Cellcept, Ursodiol, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Escitalopram)
Liver Transplant 5/2011 with uncontrolled hypertension and aortic stenosis seeking help with severe leg cramps. Took Diovan for months but when doc increased dose to 160 mg, the leg cramps hit me bad. Sometimes both legs get cramps at the same time and I can't walk them off. I had leg cramps befor ...
- I have primary biliary cirrhosis. would linnea's be a good medication for my irratible bowel syndrom
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, and takes Ursodiol)
I have discomfort in the bowel on the left side. I can no longer eat any veggies except broccoli. & potatoes. Bananas but no other fruits. No grains, no spices. I can eat all meats dairy and Breda/pastas. I tend towed constipation. The discomfort keeps me awake at night even without the pain, ...
- What is the best drug to help fibromyalgia pain, i am taking endep but have been advised it will interact with simbacort
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Diabetes, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Fibromyalgia, and takes Tramadol Hydrochloride, Ursodeoxycholic Acid, Metformin Hydrochloride, Gliclazide, Endep, Ventolin)
- 1 year before dr told me that i have hiatus hernia and have to stop alcohol for 6 month. but i didn't stop alcohol & now i am suffering abnormality in right upper abdomen. what may be problem with me?
(Asked by a 38 year old man who has Now I Am Suffering Itching In Body & Abnormal In Right Upper Stomach.Often I Take Ursocol SR450 & Happy IT, and takes Ursodeoxycholic Acid )
3 YEARS BEFORE I SUFFERED FROM EXTREME JAUNDICE. I CONTINUED ALCOHOL. LATER I WAS ALRIGHT. I HAVE HAEMOGLOBIN E-TRAIT. 1 YEAR BEFORE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT MY LIVER IS OK , BUT I HAVE HIATUS HERNIA & HAVE TO STOP ALCOHOL. BUT I DIDN'T STOP IT. NOW I AM SUFFERING FROM ITCHING & ABNORMALITY IN RIGHT UPPE ...
More questions for: Ursodiol, Pbc
More reviews for: Ursodiol, Pbc
Recent studies of taking Ursodiol in Pbc (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of side effects of Actigall for a patient with Jaundice. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
- A study of drug interactions between Ursodiol, Ondansetron, Prednisone, Tacrolimus for a patient with Autoimmune Hepatitis, Liver Transplant. The patient has Alkaline Phosphatase, Elevated Mood, Blood In Stool, Hoarseness, Throat - Sore, Nausea
Comments: The autoimmune hepatitis is de novo. Approx. 2 yrs after transplant, ALT and AST went from 40 or 50 to 400 and 500 in 1 mo. Drs. tested (Ultrasound/liver biopsy/arteriogram) thinking it was hepatic veno-occlusion or vasculitis. 2 yrs after tx, my liver is almost entirely cirrhotic. Experienced ma ...
- A study of side effects of Ursodiol for a patient with Blood Ferritan Level 514. Have Pbc. The patient has Weight Gain In Tummy Area Came On Very Quickly
Comments: Besides 2 -500 mg each of Ursodial , I take Vit.D(1000), one multi-Vit.,one calcium(500),one omega 3, and 2 Senecot.
About 6 months ago start putting on a lot of weight in tummy -waist area. I have gained 15 ibs so far , and it seems whatever I eat goes into weight. I live mostly on chicken(whit ...
- A study of side effects of Ursodiol for a patient with Morphine
Comments: How to take and any interaction -dangers of taking both
More related studies for: Ursodiol, Pbc
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.