Home > Periodic limb movement disorder > Mirapex > Mirapex for Periodic limb movement disorder
How effective is Mirapex for Periodic limb movement disorder (Restless leg syndrome)?
Overall ratings: 3.6/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Mirapex (pramipexole dihydrochloride) is for Periodic limb movement disorder. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 401 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirapex for Periodic limb movement disorder >>>
What is Mirapex
Mirapex (latest outcomes from 10,310 users) has active ingredients of pramipexole dihydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome.
Periodic limb movement disorder
Periodic limb movement disorder (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,439 patients) can be treated by Mirapex, Requip, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 401 people are studied for taking Mirapex in Periodic limb movement disorder
Mirapex effectiveness for Periodic limb movement disorder (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Mirapex for Periodic limb movement disorder * :
|Periodic limb movement disorder||68.58%||31.42% |
Age of people who take Mirapex for Periodic limb movement disorder * :
|Periodic limb movement disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.50%||1.50%||9.73%||19.45%||33.92%||34.91% |
Who find Mirapex more effective for Periodic limb movement disorder?
Gender of people who find Mirapex more effective * :
|Periodic limb movement disorder||70.74%||29.26% |
Age of people who find Mirapex more effective * :
|Periodic limb movement disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.31%||7.42%||18.34%||35.81%||37.12% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- How well does using both mirapex and neupro at the same timne work
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Mirapex)
Off of mirapex because of sexual thoughts, but Neupro does not work nearly as well (at 8 mg/day). I'm curious about using a much lower dose of Mirapex along with Neupro.
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- What diet should i follow to maintain or better my health?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has ADD, Depression, Mitral Valve / Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation, Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Klor-con, Alprazolam, Azilect, Mirapex ER)
Mirapex 1.5 and Mirapex .75 every morning
Azilect 1 mg at bedtime
Alprazolam .5mg as needed for anxiety
Klor Con for leg cramps
More questions for: Mirapex, Periodic limb movement disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Savella, Methadone Hydrochloride, Axiron, Baby Aspirin, Senna, Colace, Oxcarbazepine, Gabapentin)
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
More reviews for: Mirapex, Periodic limb movement disorder
Recent studies of taking Mirapex in Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride for a patient with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Comments: Got chest discomfort. But ok when jogging.walking doing things
- A study of side effects of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Meningitis Viral (viral inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges)
Comments: Does pramipexole supress immune system? Seem to vatch every virus around since started drug (got west nile/vial menningitis, stomache flu, then sore throat in only 3 months
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Hydrocortone for a patient with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. The patient has Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable
Comments: Coincided with diagnosis of Idiopathic Peripheral and Autonomic Neuropathy. Recent EMG/NCS showed progression of disease and inclusion of motor neurons (new symptom). CPAP has occasionally (1-2 nights per month) shown episodes of Periodic Breathing (Shy-Drager Syndrome). Is this likely caused by H ...
- A study of side effects of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Hypersexuality
Comments: Masturbate 3-4 times a day
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Estradiol, Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Nexium for a patient with Erythromelalgia, Menopausal Symptoms, Rls, Chronic Depression, Gastritis - Chronic. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
More related studies for: Mirapex, Periodic limb movement disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- Yellow Fever
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (34 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (36 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (38 minutes ago)