Home > Pmdd > Lexapro > Lexapro for Pmdd
How effective is Lexapro for Pmdd (Premenstrual dysphoric disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.6/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is for Pmdd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 7 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro for Pmdd >>>
What is Lexapro
Lexapro (latest outcomes from 39,369 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression.
Pmdd (latest reports from 319 patients) can be treated by Prozac, Yaz, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Fluoxetine, Sertraline Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 7 people are studied for taking Lexapro in Pmdd
Lexapro effectiveness for Pmdd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Lexapro for Pmdd * :
Who find Lexapro more effective for Pmdd?
Age of people who find Lexapro more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Has anybody who is on cipralex or lexapro been diagnosed with pancreatic cyst❓
I was on cipralex for a year. Last week a large pancreatic cyst 7 cm was found incidentally. In the past I have been hospitalized because of kidney reaction to tetracycline antibiotic
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
- Has anyone on escitalopram oxalate (escitalopram) experienced cirulation prolem to there feet, especially while sitting?
feet that turn purple while sitting from Lexapro, Escitalopram Oxalate (Escitalopram).
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can generic lexapro and natural gaba be taken together?
Can Lexapro and Natural GABA be taken together? The Lexapro by itself is not doing the job. My husband just suddenly died and my cousin told me about GABA for anxiety and sleeplessness. Dr keeps wanting to change...I want something that really helps ME!!!!!
- Any tips on how to get off zimovane after 20 years
I am an active 69 year old female. I have been a poor sleeper for 25 years. I'm on 2 zimovane tablets a night. I cannot fall asleep without them. They affect my memory. I forget any phone calls or info given to me after I have taken them. I sleep for three to four hors and then I keep wakening every ...
- What effects does taking garcinia cambogia with lexapro
I want to lose weight, about 30 lbs and are hving a difficult time. I purchased garcinia cambogia but are afraid of the interaction with my new prescription lexapro. Can I take them together with the vitamin C, Coq10, Omega3 and multi-vitamin I currently take.
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
More questions for: Lexapro, Pmdd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Yes, lexapro does cause tinnitus!
Whenever I forget to take my Lexapro in the morning, I get a high pitched ringing in my ears which starts around 1:00 pm, which won't go away until a few hours after I take the drug. Once I was out of the medication and I almost screamed because the ringing got so bad! I don't think it is as "rare" ...
- Lithium constipation and tremor
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
More reviews for: Lexapro, Pmdd
Recent studies of taking Lexapro in Pmdd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Restasis, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lastacaft, Linzess, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E for a patient with Pmdd, Dry Eyes, Depression Postmenopausal, Allergies, Constipation, Vitamin Supplementation. The patient has Lexapro
More related studies for: Lexapro, Pmdd
Recent Pmdd related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Nexplanon for a 21-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Beyaz, Prozac for a 30-year old woman who has Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide (Biovail Labs Intl) - EQ 20MG BASE, Prozac (Lilly) - EQ 20MG BASE, Cipro (Bayer Hlthcare) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 40-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Prozac (Lilly) - EQ 40MG BASE, Coreg Cr (Sb Pharmco) - 40MG for a 38-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Pristiq (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - EQ 100MG BASE, Effexor Xr (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - EQ 150MG BASE for a 41-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Pristiq (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - EQ 50MG BASE, Lexapro (Forest Labs) - EQ 10MG BASE for a 47-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of , Concerta (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - 18MG for a 34-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Paxil Cr (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 37.5MG BASE, Zoloft (Pfizer) - EQ 200MG BASE for a 40-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Pristiq (Wyeth Pharms Inc) - EQ 100MG BASE, Lithium Carbonate (Roxane) - 300MG for a 52-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Prozac (Lilly) - EQ 20MG BASE, Lexapro (Forest Labs) - EQ 10MG BASE for a 50-year old woman who has PMDD
More related comparison studies for: Lexapro, Pmdd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (10 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (52 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Dreams Bad
- Retinal Infarction
- Fo Ti