Home > Pneumonia > Levaquin > Levaquin for Pneumonia
How effective is Levaquin for Pneumonia?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Levaquin (levofloxacin) is for Pneumonia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 60 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Levaquin for Pneumonia >>>
What is Levaquin
Levaquin (latest outcomes from 28,767 users) has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis.
Pneumonia (latest reports from 759,481 patients) can be treated by Levaquin, Azithromycin, Prednisone, Avelox, Levofloxacin, Clarithromycin.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 60 people are studied for taking Levaquin in Pneumonia
Levaquin effectiveness for Pneumonia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Levaquin for Pneumonia * :
Who find Levaquin more effective for Pneumonia?
Age of people who find Levaquin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- I was on leviquin for cellulitis now i can't walk rupture ligament tindeitt
Torn Tndent rupture ligaments in ankle acilles heel
- How many people have had a meniscus tear after just a few doses of levaquin
was having severe sinus problems so my primary care doctor prescribed levaquin within 3 days both knees and one ankle were swollen beyond belief ,had to go to the emergency room 2 days in a row to have fluid drained from my right knee never have fully recovered so my orthopedic Dr. ordered an mri an ...
- Does zithromax cause excessive sweating at night and headache
I had a terrible sweating after taking Zithromax. I felt as if half buckets of water were constantly poured on me. I was so scared of sleeping. In fact there was no dry space on my bed to sleep on since the entire bed was drenched. I have been drinking water since 4am to replace the lost water.
- I took levaquin for 10 days, had severe breathing difficulty
I took Levaquin for staph infection for 10 days, just got off it yesterday, but had and have persistent breathing problems (can't walk a block without my inhaler). How long will this persist before I'm back to normal?
- I am deaf in my left ear since levaquin, how do they get away with this?
I was being treated for a severe sinus infection while my Dad was dying and the Dr gave me Levaquin, and on the last day of the prescription I felt pressure and I NEVER HEARD out of my left ear again
- After given levaquin antibiotic, my legs swoll, joints popped, etc. i'm now having brain fog. can this develop into alzheimer's? what have you done to successfully rid yourself of brain fog? thank you
After taking one 750 mg tablet of Levaquin, for 5 days, my legs swoll - I couldn't walk for four days, tendons popped/were painful, overall body pain/discomfort, marked hip pain, mainly slept 4 or 5 hours (I'm now sleeping about 5 to 6 hours), off and on tiredness with no apparent reason.... Please ...
- Misleading info about levaquin and false positive opiate
I am THE person who suffered the opiate false-positive after just one tablet of Levaquin. Had a cardiac reaction and went to the ER; standard intake urine screen showed positive for opiates. I feel your report here is misleading. It makes it appear that thousands of people on Levaquin were dr ...
- Stem cell treatment for radiation heart disease?
I'm trying to find ways to improve my heart valve function, as surgical repair has a low prognosis. This is because the cardiac skeleton is calcified and that means there is nothing to sew replacement valves to.
Does anyone have info about use of stem cells for this? Thanks for any info.
- Risk involved when taking celexa with levaquin
I am a 69 year old male with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. I also suffer from slight depression and anxiety for which I take Celexa. In addition I suffer from chronic sinusitis. In the past my Doctor has prescribed Levaquin and it was effective in killing the sinus infection. I now have a sinus ...
More questions for: Levaquin, Pneumonia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Acne breakout from anitbiotics
I am taking two antibiotics but I don't know if one or both are causing a major acne breakout..At 45 years old, I rarely got acne but since taking oral antibiotics I had a severe acne breakout mostly on my forehead..what the hell is going on? Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it besides ...
- Levaquin side effects
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Levaquin toxicity plus alot of cirpro and prednisone
Boo, could you email me.. I took a ton of cipro over 25 years with problems and was told I had cfs. I took 42 pills of levaquin with prednisone, it blew me apart like a bomb, for mere bronchitis.. I was electrocuted for 15 months, now my heart pounds non stop, cant move barely, have terrors that sur ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Kidney failure, metal taste and torn rotor cuff taking levaquin
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and bronchitis on 12/9. I was given Levaquin, 500 mg for 10 days. After taking the antibiotic for 8 days, I lost my appetite and had a metal taste in my mouth. When I finished the 10 days, I had blood work done 12/11 and returned to the doctor on 12/12. My ...
- Levaquin and vestibular disorder
I had Diverticulitis, went to the emergency, was treated with Levaquin and Flagyl intravenously. Then I was given prescriptions for tablets when I left the emergency room. I immediately had a reaction of redness to my arm from the Levaquin. I got Vertigo on that evening in the E.R. That was 2/28 ...
More reviews for: Levaquin, Pneumonia
Recent studies of taking Levaquin in Pneumonia on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Levaquin, Pneumonia
Recent Pneumonia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levaquin, Augmentin '875' for a 43-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Gentamicin Sulfate In Sodium Chloride 0.9% In Plastic Container, Avelox In Sodium Chloride 0.8% In Plastic Container for a 78-year old man who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Levaquin (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - 500MG, Doxycycline Hyclate (Watson Labs) - EQ 100MG BASE for a 32-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Aleve, Levofloxacin (Mylan) - 500MG for a 39-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Sildenafil Citrate (Teva Pharms) - 100MG, Cefuroxime Axetil (Ranbaxy) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 54-year old man who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Avelox, Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo for a 27-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Voriconazole, Aztreonam for a 61-year old man who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Augmentin '500' (Glaxosmithkline) - 500MG;EQ 125MG BASE, Vantin (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - EQ 200MG BASE for a 24-year old man who has Pneumonia
More related comparison studies for: Levaquin, Pneumonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (45 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (47 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Emotional Poverty
- High Cholesterol
- Blood In Stool