Home > Psoriatic arthritis > Celebrex > Celebrex for Psoriatic arthritis
How effective is Celebrex for Psoriatic arthritis?
Overall ratings: 2.9/5
Long term ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Celebrex (celecoxib) is for Psoriatic arthritis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 18 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex for Psoriatic arthritis >>>
What is Celebrex
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,505 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Psoriatic arthritis (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop) (latest reports from 761 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate, Methotrexate Sodium, Sulfasalazine, Remicade.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 18 people are studied for taking Celebrex in Psoriatic arthritis
Celebrex effectiveness for Psoriatic arthritis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Celebrex for Psoriatic arthritis * :
|Psoriatic arthritis||61.11%||38.89% |
Age of people who take Celebrex for Psoriatic arthritis * :
|Psoriatic arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||44.44%||11.11%||38.89%||5.56% |
Who find Celebrex more effective for Psoriatic arthritis?
Gender of people who find Celebrex more effective * :
|Psoriatic arthritis||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who find Celebrex more effective * :
|Psoriatic arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence??
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- How long after starting celebrex did seizure occur? how many ? what type of seizure? grand vs petit? how evaluated
Taken 200mg for two days bid = four pills = total 800mg
- What drugs can i take for pain that won't affect my narrow angled glaucoma
My doctor wanted me to investigate three drugs he would suggest for my severe back pain
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can celebrex cause folic acid deficiency
I have recurrent drop in folic acid levels with associated drop in pulse rate,eg,39-40 beats per minute
- Can celebrex cause menieres disease?
Been on Celebrex for years for arthritis...helps a lot...today was told by Dr. that Celebrex can cause Meniere's disease which I was diagnosed with 3 months ago.Do you think celebrex is causing the Menieres?
- Can sulfalazine cause bed wetting
I had been taking the Sulfalazine for around 6 months with no real side effects, Then twice in one week I lost control of my bladder while sleeping. This has never happened to me before. My GP took me off the sulfalazine and I was fine, He had thought they where causing some sort of convulsion while ...
- I am on humira and methotrexate for the last 6 years and have previously had oestomylelitis and i am now suffering with pain in the same ankle has anybody had a recurrence of bone infection whilst on
I have been on Humira and Methotrexate for about 5 year's and have had previously had ostiomylius in my left Ankle . I have been suffering with pain and swelling in the same Ankle and I have had a bone scan which shows activity in the bone and I am waiting to hear what happens next but I have no fev ...
- I am on 4 drugs for bp control. would taking celebrex for inflammation be advisable?
BP is well controlled, but I suffer from osteo arthritis. Thank you for any response.
- Accutane could cause alteration of chromosone 6 resulting in hla b27 antigen
Start taking Accutane 1982 first experimental group
Note of symptoms start of early menopause age 42
Herpes simplex blisters due to heat
Daughter started Accutane at 16 when I was experiencing my menopause ...
More questions for: Celebrex, Psoriatic arthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Psoratic arthritis and trigeminal neuralgia
hi i suffer from psorisis and psoratic athritis i was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia i was looking for the connection between the two and i see that there is one from your study
the thing is all 13 people in the study said to have psoriatic arthropathy yet only one said to have psoratic a ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- Platelet count decreased in celebrex
I have suffered with back pain since 1952 when I fell 45 feet after accident as tree trimmer. I had lumbar lamenectomy for stenosis, L3, L4 and L5 in 2008, I have had cervical lamenectomy in 1982 for injuries sustained as a Police Officer, have suffered other injuries in career which contributed to ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
More reviews for: Celebrex, Psoriatic arthritis
Recent studies of taking Celebrex in Psoriatic Arthritis on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Celebrex, Psoriatic arthritis
Recent Psoriatic Arthritis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Stelara, Enbrel, Methotrexate for a 46-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Cimzia for a 30-year old woman who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Cimzia, Enbrel for a 58-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Oramorph Sr, Methotrexate for a 57-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Enbrel for a 53-year old man who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
- Comparions of Enbrel, Humira for a 45-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Enbrel, Humira for a 41-year old man who has Arthritis - Psoriatic
More related comparison studies for: Celebrex, Psoriatic arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (1 hour ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Indocin Sr
- Lung Cancer Non Small Cell
- Anhydrous Benedict's Reagent Poisoning
- Heart Rate Increased