Home > Ptsd > Cymbalta > Cymbalta for Ptsd
How effective is Cymbalta for Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is for Ptsd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta for Ptsd >>>
What is Cymbalta
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,215 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Ptsd (post-traumatic stress disorder) (latest reports from 21,284 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Xanax, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Seroquel.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Cymbalta in Ptsd
Cymbalta effectiveness for Ptsd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Cymbalta for Ptsd * :
Who find Cymbalta more effective for Ptsd?
Age of people who find Cymbalta more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I know that thallasemia can protect some people from malaria, is that the same scenerio for ebola virus as well?
Just wondering about the relation between Thallasemia and Ebola Virus
- What side effects from nuvigil and cymbalta creating seretonin syndrome?
My dr thinks that all the drugs I'm on are causing sedition syndrome. But I have t seen where a symptom was red flushed skin?
- Does duloxetine have shell fish in it?
Ok this is ridiculous ! a simple question and i'm surprised you don't want a ss#. Simply does this drug contain shellfish?
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- Is there a connection between als and ptsd ?
I am diagnosed with upper motor dominant ALS. Comorbidiities include post traumatic stress disorder, Graves' disease which was treated through nuclear medicine. Iam nowhyoothyroidic. I also was diagnosed with ductal breast cancer last October which was treated by lumpectomy and radiation only. In ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects?
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Have you ever gotten vertigo while taking cymbalta?
Have been on Cymbalta for a year and woke up in the night with extreme vertigo. I was taken to ER and given Valium to help with dizziness, but it has not gone away. Help pls!
More questions for: Cymbalta, Ptsd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Numbness between toes
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Cymbalta side effects
This summer I was put on Cymbalta 65mg because of anxiety. Boy what a mistake (at least for me). I went from a fairly normal life to a life of depression, suicidal thoughts, vertigo, nausea, pain the the back and neck, no energy, no appetite, fatigue, withdrawal from life, fear of dying etc, etc, ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Hiccups with cymbalta
I have been on the drug Cymbalta for almost four days. Within these four days I have had extreme hiccups!! Sometimes just a random loud, out of no where hiccup. And others consisting over an hour long. This is very irritating.. I never thought a medicine. Would do such a thing! Does anyone know what ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Ptsd
Recent studies of taking Cymbalta in Ptsd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Aspartate, Malic Acid, Vitamin C, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Cinnamon Bark, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lipoic Acid, NAC, SAM-e, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Xanax, Clonazepam, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Fibtomyalgia, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Ptsd, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Headache, Numbing In Extremities, Confusion, Blood In Urine, Dizziness, Sluggishness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Chronic Migraine, Difficulty Concentrating
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Advair Diskus 500/50, Singulair, Cymbalta, Risperidone, Duoneb, Combivent, Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Calcium for a patient with Cerebral Aneurysm, Asthma, Ptsd, Gerd, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation. The patient has Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Abilify for a patient with Ptsd, Depression. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Inderal, Cymbalta, Synthroid, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Migraine Prophylaxis, Ptsd, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Dry Skin, Migraine Without Aura, Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration)
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Ptsd
Recent Ptsd related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Abilify, Geodon, Latuda for a 21-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of BUSPAR, Clonazepam for a 20-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nefazodone Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 65-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 31-year old man who has Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline Hydrochloride, Clonazepam for a 65-year old man who has PTSD
More related comparison studies for: Cymbalta, Ptsd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (14 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (2 hours ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Purgoxin Overdose
- Glycyrrhizinic Acid
- Plan B One Step
- Bladder Granuloma