Home > Ptsd > Lexapro > Lexapro for Ptsd
How effective is Lexapro for Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is for Ptsd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 14 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lexapro for Ptsd >>>
What is Lexapro
Lexapro (latest outcomes from 39,369 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression.
Ptsd (post-traumatic stress disorder) (latest reports from 21,284 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Xanax, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Seroquel.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 14 people are studied for taking Lexapro in Ptsd
Lexapro effectiveness for Ptsd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Lexapro for Ptsd * :
Who find Lexapro more effective for Ptsd?
Age of people who find Lexapro more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Has anybody who is on cipralex or lexapro been diagnosed with pancreatic cyst❓
I was on cipralex for a year. Last week a large pancreatic cyst 7 cm was found incidentally. In the past I have been hospitalized because of kidney reaction to tetracycline antibiotic
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
- Has anyone on escitalopram oxalate (escitalopram) experienced cirulation prolem to there feet, especially while sitting?
feet that turn purple while sitting from Lexapro, Escitalopram Oxalate (Escitalopram).
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can generic lexapro and natural gaba be taken together?
Can Lexapro and Natural GABA be taken together? The Lexapro by itself is not doing the job. My husband just suddenly died and my cousin told me about GABA for anxiety and sleeplessness. Dr keeps wanting to change...I want something that really helps ME!!!!!
- Is there a connection between als and ptsd ?
I am diagnosed with upper motor dominant ALS. Comorbidiities include post traumatic stress disorder, Graves' disease which was treated through nuclear medicine. Iam nowhyoothyroidic. I also was diagnosed with ductal breast cancer last October which was treated by lumpectomy and radiation only. In ...
More questions for: Lexapro, Ptsd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Yes, lexapro does cause tinnitus!
Whenever I forget to take my Lexapro in the morning, I get a high pitched ringing in my ears which starts around 1:00 pm, which won't go away until a few hours after I take the drug. Once I was out of the medication and I almost screamed because the ringing got so bad! I don't think it is as "rare" ...
- Lithium constipation and tremor
After taking Lithium Carb for about three months, I realize I've been moderately constipated for several weeks. I also have been nauseous and suddenly realize that it's probably related to the nausea and maybe the cause of it.
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Lexapro, Ptsd
Recent studies of taking Lexapro in Ptsd on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Lexapro, Ptsd
Recent Ptsd related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Abilify, Geodon, Latuda for a 21-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of BUSPAR, Clonazepam for a 20-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nefazodone Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 65-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 31-year old man who has Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline Hydrochloride, Clonazepam for a 65-year old man who has PTSD
More related comparison studies for: Lexapro, Ptsd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (30 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (33 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (48 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Evernia Prunastri
- White Bay
- Diuretic Therapy
- Reperfusion Arrhythmia