How effective is Xanax for Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Xanax (alprazolam) is for Ptsd. The study is based on 18 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Xanax for Ptsd >>>
What is Xanax
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,899 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Ptsd (post-traumatic stress disorder) (latest reports from 21,259 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Xanax, Seroquel, Sertraline Hydrochloride.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 18 people are studied for taking Xanax in Ptsd
Xanax effectiveness for Ptsd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Xanax for Ptsd * :
Age of people who take Xanax for Ptsd * :
Who find Xanax more effective for Ptsd?
Gender of people who find Xanax more effective * :
Age of people who find Xanax more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Was diagnosed with MRSA following neck surgery. I had been on vancomycin 2g twice a day via IV. My trough levels were not reaching "therapeutic" levels so I was switched to Bactrim DS in late July. Wound is still open and painful. About three days ago I noticed blisters on my chest. I had shingles two years ago and these blisters I have now are painfully similar. I'm very concerned that I have shingles again and want to know what impact having MRSA will have on shingles.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I just started the simvastatin and vitamin d today. My throat is very sore and it was not before.
From this study (5 months ago):
Wondering if any patients have found Tegretol to interfere with opiate pain medications
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Xanax, Ptsd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Xanax, Ptsd
Recent studies of taking Xanax in Ptsd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters (Vesicles)
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Nexium, Omeprazole, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Simvastatin for a patient with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Heartburn, Depression, Iga Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Exhaustion (Fatigue), Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Mobic, Xanax, Zanaflex, Lortab, Lyrica for a patient with Major Depression, Degenerative Disc Disease, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Alprazolam for a patient with Ptsd. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Xanax, Lortab, Flexeril, Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia, Ptsd, Pain Management, Muscle Spasms, Stress. The patient has Somnambulism (Sleep walking)
More related studies for: Xanax, Ptsd
Recent Ptsd related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ptsd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.