Home > Ptsd > Xanax > Xanax for Ptsd
How effective is Xanax for Ptsd (Post-traumatic stress disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Xanax (alprazolam) is for Ptsd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 18 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Xanax for Ptsd >>>
What is Xanax
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,930 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Ptsd (post-traumatic stress disorder) (latest reports from 21,284 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Xanax, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Seroquel.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 18 people are studied for taking Xanax in Ptsd
Xanax effectiveness for Ptsd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Xanax for Ptsd * :
Age of people who take Xanax for Ptsd * :
Who find Xanax more effective for Ptsd?
Gender of people who find Xanax more effective * :
Age of people who find Xanax more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Xanax, Ptsd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Xanax, Ptsd
Recent studies of taking Xanax in Ptsd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Nexium, Omeprazole, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Simvastatin for a patient with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Heartburn, Depression, Iga Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Stomach Pain, Exhaustion, Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Mobic, Xanax, Zanaflex, Lortab, Lyrica for a patient with Major Depression, Degenerative Disc Disease, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Itching
- A study of side effects of Alprazolam for a patient with Ptsd. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Xanax, Lortab, Flexeril, Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia, Ptsd, Pain Management, Muscle Spasms, Stress. The patient has Somnambulism
More related studies for: Xanax, Ptsd
Recent Ptsd related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Abilify, Geodon, Latuda for a 21-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of BUSPAR, Clonazepam for a 20-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Wellbutrin for a 56-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nefazodone Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 65-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 31-year old man who has Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline Hydrochloride, Clonazepam for a 65-year old man who has PTSD
More related comparison studies for: Xanax, Ptsd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.