Home > Runny nose > Mucinex > Mucinex for Runny nose
How effective is Mucinex for Runny nose (Nasal discharge)?
Overall ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Mucinex (guaifenesin) is for Runny nose. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 5 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex for Runny nose >>>
What is Mucinex
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Runny nose (discharge from nose) (latest reports from 10,227 patients) can be treated by Benadryl, Nasonex, Flonase, Loratadine, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Fluticasone Propionate.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 5 people are studied for taking Mucinex in Runny nose
Mucinex effectiveness for Runny nose (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Mucinex for Runny nose * :
|Runny nose||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who take Mucinex for Runny nose * :
|Runny nose||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Who find Mucinex more effective for Runny nose?
Gender of people who find Mucinex more effective * :
|Runny nose||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Mucinex more effective * :
|Runny nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- I am suffering from post nasal drip causing catarrh to form in the well of my throat. as this is an irritation, my throat reflex wants to get rid of it causing me try to clear my throat constantly.
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Postnasal Drip)
I have post nasal drip causing me to constantly clear my throat. It's bad at night and find it difficult to get to sleep as I am constantly swallowing gunge! YUK. Clearing my throat every few minutes makes my throat sore but not excessively so. I am going to see my GP this week and ask for an app ...
- Can you take spiriva, qvar and pro air with promethazine with codine?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Coughing Up Phlem, Runny Nose, Weak Lungs, and takes Promethazine With Codeine, Spiriva, Qvar 40, Proair Hfa)
My 69 year old husband has weak lungs and when the weather changes he gets heavy coughing, runny nose and difficulty breathing...can he mix all those meds with no side effects?
More questions for: Mucinex, Runny nose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Yawning after taking sub
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, Yawning, and takes Suboxone)
Within a few minutes after I take my Suboxone film I seem to get intense yawning event along with runny nose & watery eyes lasting 5-15 mins. Sometimes I can make it subside by drinking a lot of water if I am in a place I can get it. I have been on Sub for approx 5 yrs. & have only noticed this side ...
More reviews for: Mucinex, Runny nose
Recent studies of taking Mucinex in Runny Nose (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Runny Nose. The patient has Pain In Face
Comments: I have severe pain in ankles , bottom of feet and severe contraction in archelese tendon. I am not sure if the uric acid goes high in this case but it aggravates if i take meat during the time.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I am two weeks into an upper respiratory infection with congestion in my lungs (probably bronchitis). Taking Mucinex Maximum Strength. Getting acid reflux not mitigated by omeprazole.
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
More related studies for: Mucinex, Runny nose
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (14 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (36 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)