Home > Scleroderma > Plaquenil > Plaquenil for Scleroderma
How effective is Plaquenil for Scleroderma (Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma))?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is for Scleroderma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil for Scleroderma >>>
What is Plaquenil
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,500 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Scleroderma (hard skin) (latest reports from 10,820 patients) can be treated by Plaquenil, Cellcept.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Plaquenil in Scleroderma
Plaquenil effectiveness for Scleroderma (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Plaquenil for Scleroderma * :
Age of people who take Plaquenil for Scleroderma * :
Who find Plaquenil more effective for Scleroderma?
Gender of people who find Plaquenil more effective * :
Age of people who find Plaquenil more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- So does hydroxychloroquine cause celiac desease?
Been tested over the years for celiac and always negitive. Only had IBS. Took hydroxychloroquine for a year and it effected my vision. Then retested again for celiac because of authrits pain and now I'm positive for celiac.
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
More questions for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
Recent studies of taking Plaquenil in Scleroderma on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Lexapro, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celebrex for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Depression, Scleroderma, Pain. The patient has Abnormal Dreams
- A study of drug interactions between Cozaar, Bystolic, Janumet, Lipitor, Omeprazole, Synthroid, Plaquenil, Evista, Cymbalta, Plavix, Klonopin, Compazine, Reclast for a patient with Blood Pressure Abnormal, Heart Disease Congenital, Diabetes Mellitus Management, Congenital Anomaly, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Scleroderma, Breast Cancer Female, Depression Postmenopausal, Stiff Heart Syndrome, Scar, Nausea, Osteopenia. The patient has Tardive Dyskinesia, Nausea
More related studies for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
Recent Scleroderma related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (8 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 76-year old man who has DVT (4 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Ringing In The Ears
- Aplasia Cutis Congenita
- Wet Lungs Newborns
- Wet Lungs Newborns