Home > Scleroderma > Plaquenil > Plaquenil for Scleroderma
How effective is Plaquenil for Scleroderma (Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma))?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is for Scleroderma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Plaquenil for Scleroderma >>>
What is Plaquenil
Plaquenil (latest outcomes from 15,510 users) has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Scleroderma (hard skin) (latest reports from 10,821 patients) can be treated by Plaquenil, Cellcept.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Plaquenil in Scleroderma
Plaquenil effectiveness for Scleroderma (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Plaquenil for Scleroderma * :
Age of people who take Plaquenil for Scleroderma * :
Who find Plaquenil more effective for Scleroderma?
Gender of people who find Plaquenil more effective * :
Age of people who find Plaquenil more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- So does hydroxychloroquine cause celiac desease?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Been Tested Twice For Celiac And Was Always Negitive. Started Hydroxychloroquine And Was Removed Due To Blurring Vision. Tested Again For Celiac And Supposedly It's Now Positive And Causing My Authrit, and takes Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate)
Been tested over the years for celiac and always negitive. Only had IBS. Took hydroxychloroquine for a year and it effected my vision. Then retested again for celiac because of authrits pain and now I'm positive for celiac.
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Lupus, Shoulder Pain, and takes Plaquenil, Diclofenac Potassium)
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and takes Phentermine)
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
More questions for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Plaquenil)
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
More reviews for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
Recent studies of taking Plaquenil in Scleroderma (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Dysphasia (language disorder marked by deficiency in the generation of speech)
Comments: HI, Ive had hpv for years without any issues. I first had the warts from my husband at the time (31 rs ago) when pregnant. It went away by itself (warts) after i had my son. Ive had paps over the years and always say low risk don't worry very mild form. Well i found out i have ra my ra factor number ...
- A study of side effects of Plaquenil for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I am a long standing chronic asthmatic, under a level of control, and for the last 10 years an inflammatory illness which can be very severe. I have, through my Consultant tried many DMARD treatments, all of them quickly causing an excaserbation of asthma. The only DMARD I seemed to tolerate was Pla ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Diflucan, Lexapro, Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a patient with Rash, Skin Infection - Yeast, Depression, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash Scaly
Comments: Hives started on left temple and right lower jaw bone. Next day started underneath my chin. Had some small bumps...itched, hurt. Two days later rash/hives spread to arms, hands, chest and around waist. I had small areas on both hands that resembled blisters. Tried Prednisone and after first rou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Baby Aspirin, Plaquenil, Lisinopril, Cellcept for a patient with Pre-medication, Lupus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nausea, Dysphagia
Comments: Was diagnosed with SLE and Lupus Nephritis Dec 2012, I was on prednisone for 9 months, completely off a month ago. Cellcept since Dec 2012, lisinopril and plaquenil since around feb 2013.
Started getting difficulty swallowing and nausea that comes and goes (not necessarily at the same time) abou ...
More related studies for: Plaquenil, Scleroderma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (8 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (23 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (2 hours ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (3 hours ago)