How effective is Oxcarbazepine for Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
Overall ratings: 3.9/5
Long term ratings: 3.9/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Oxcarbazepine (oxcarbazepine) is for Seizure disorder. The study is based on 24 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Oxcarbazepine for Seizure disorder >>>
What is Oxcarbazepine
Oxcarbazepine (latest outcomes from 2,886 users) has active ingredients of oxcarbazepine. It is often used in epilepsy.
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) (latest reports from 72,612 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Dilantin, Lamotrigine, Topamax.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 24 people are studied for taking Oxcarbazepine in Seizure disorder
Oxcarbazepine effectiveness for Seizure disorder (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Oxcarbazepine for Seizure disorder * :
|Seizure disorder||62.50%||37.50% |
Age of people who take Oxcarbazepine for Seizure disorder * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||16.67%||12.50%||20.83%||12.50%||4.17%||20.83%||12.50% |
Who find Oxcarbazepine more effective for Seizure disorder?
Gender of people who find Oxcarbazepine more effective * :
|Seizure disorder||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who find Oxcarbazepine more effective * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||13.33%||13.33%||13.33%||13.33%||6.67%||33.33%||6.67% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
I have to take benadryl or some other sleep aid to fall asleep but i only sleep for a few hours before waking up. I then can not fall back asleep. Is it the oxcarbazepine?
From this study (2 months ago):
Moderate weakness and muscle aches and pain for 1 month, Gabapentin effective for RLS, sores in mouth somewhat painful, UTI, Azo not effective
From this study (6 months ago):
I have started having my meds and food get stuck in throat. Am starting to chock on things. Had a barium swallow done recently and it showed a narrowing of my esophagus.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Oxcarbazepine, Seizure disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I have less pain from my trigeminal neuralgia when i'm manic.
Has anyone had a relief of pain when they are manic?
- Serious oxcarbazepine (trileptal) side effect
My mom suffered from acute facial nerve pain for almost last 8 years which was diagnosed for Trigeminal Neuralgia. The pain started suddenly and she started and continued the treatment with Lyrica. In the beginning, the pain would go away after several months and start again in a year or two. How ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Oxcarbazepine, Seizure disorder
Recent studies of taking Oxcarbazepine in Seizure Disorder on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Pyridium, Trileptal, Gabapentin for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Epilepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Weakness, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Zyrtec, Keppra, Singulair, Vicoprofen, Evoxac, Lexapro, Prilosec, Plaquenil, Trileptal, Topamax, Prednisone, Arava for a patient with Osteomalacia, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (itp), Sjogren's Syndrome, Allergy To Plants, Epilepsy, Asthma, Pain, Depression, Acid Reflux, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Systolic Blood Pressure. The patient has Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction)
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Complex Partial Seizures (epileptic seizure)
- A study of side effects of Trileptal for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Immune System Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Digoxin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Xarelto, Amlodipine Besylate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Losartan, Trileptal for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiomyopathy, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Cardiomyopathy
More related studies for: Oxcarbazepine, Seizure disorder
Recent Seizure Disorder related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Seizure disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.