Home > Sinus infection > Bactrim > Bactrim for Sinus infection
How effective is Bactrim for Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is for Sinus infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 20 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim for Sinus infection >>>
What is Bactrim
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,446 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) (latest reports from 230,630 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875', Avelox, Zithromax.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 20 people are studied for taking Bactrim in Sinus infection
Bactrim effectiveness for Sinus infection (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Bactrim for Sinus infection * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||5.00%||15.00%||15.00%||10.00%||25.00%||0.00%||30.00% |
Who find Bactrim more effective for Sinus infection?
Age of people who find Bactrim more effective * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Had a severe case of cough with Asthma at night for 3 1/2-4 months . Would subside when I used an Inhaler .
I was on Bactrim for 2 Yrs. A Regiment our Dr. Came up with to keep me from getting Sinus Infections . I had Chronic Sinusitis , Infections constantly ! This regimen worked , then I came down with the severe cough and Asthma recently . When I missed 1 dose of Bactrim noticed I did not have Asthma then I be stayed off of it going on 4 days , still no asthma . Was wondering if Bactrim could of been the reason for my Asthma ?
From this study (2 months ago):
Fever over 102, chills, horrible pain began on day 5 taking medication. Red blotchy rash began appearing late following day on chest and back and gradually spread. Blood blister-type rash on legs. Went to ER after 4 days. Told I have sulfa allergy. Given iV fluid and meds. Need follow up blood tests to recheck my low WBC, platelets and Neu. Counts. Prescribed Benadryl.
From this study (5 months ago):
Coughs to the point she cant catch her breath and throws up.....
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
More questions for: Bactrim, Sinus infection
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Bactrim, Sinus infection
Recent studies of taking Bactrim in Sinus Infection on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Asthma
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Chills (felling of cold), Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell), Platelet Aggregation Decreased, White Blood Cell Analysis Decreased, Rash (redness), Pain Exacerbated, Fever
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Symbicort, Prevacid for a patient with Sinusitis, Asthma, Acid Reflux. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Symbicort, Calcium, Multivitamin, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Bactrim, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Iron Metabolism Disorder, Asthma, General Well Being, Cramps - Leg, Sinus Infection, Low Thyroid. The patient has Rls And Night Time Foot And Leg Cramps
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength
More related studies for: Bactrim, Sinus infection
Recent Sinus Infection related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bactrim, Sinus infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Norco and Compulsive Hair Pulling
- Weight Gain and Adult Hypothyroidism
- Weight Gain and Norco
- Chronic Pain and Weight Gain
- Abilify and Compulsive Hair Pulling
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (5 minutes ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (8 hours ago)
- Lady Bleeding
- Beta Alanine
- Slo Niacin
- Thiamine Chloride