Home > Sinus infection > Claritin-d > Claritin-d for Sinus infection
How effective is Claritin-d for Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
Summary: 3 Claritin-d users have rated its effectiveness for Sinus infection.
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
This is a review of how effective Claritin-d (loratadine; pseudoephedrine sulfate) is for Sinus infection and for what kind of people. The study is created by eHealthMe and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Claritin-d for Sinus infection >>>
What is Claritin-d
Claritin-d (latest outcomes from 1,564 users) has active ingredients of loratadine; pseudoephedrine sulfate. It is often used in allergies.
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) (latest reports from 36,433 patients) can be treated by Azithromycin, Amoxicillin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875', Avelox, Clarithromycin.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 3 people are studied for taking Claritin-d in Sinus infection
Claritin-d effectiveness for Sinus infection (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Claritin-d for Sinus infection * :
|Sinus infection||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who take Claritin-d for Sinus infection * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
Who find Claritin-d more effective for Sinus infection?
Gender of people who find Claritin-d more effective * :
|Sinus infection||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Claritin-d more effective * :
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My dads side of the family is diabetic and i am the only family member with aa. could they be linked?
(Asked by a 16 year old girl who has Seasonal Allergy, Alopecia Areata, and takes Claritin-d 24 Hour)
My dads side of the family is diabetic, I believe it was his aunt and grandmother that had diabetes. I am the only family member, on either side, that is known to have alopecia areata. I have had it for almost 4 years. Could these things be related?
- My 10 daughter has a cold and i have given her dimmetap, she is now complaining of allergy symptoms such as itchy, sore eyes. would it make any difference if i have her claratyne as well?
(Asked by a 11 year old girl who has Flu, Hay Fever, and takes Dimetapp, Claritin-d 24 Hour)
My daughters hay fever symptoms are out weighing her cold and flu symptoms. I have already given her dimatapp which is not really doing much to help either condition. Can I/should I give her claratyne as well?
- What does a methotrexate rash look like? a cytarabine rash? if either of these chemos is responsible for my rash, what does it indicate about appropriate therapies going forward?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, Celiac Disease - Sprue, Osteoporosis, Rosacea, and takes Acyclovir, Septra, Ciprofloxacin, Probiotic, Multivitamin, Benadryl, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
Treated for Stage 1 Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in 2009 and had only 4 courses of Chemo vs the usual 6 due to a rash that showed up on Day 14 of the 4th cycle. At end of treatment and 1 year following PET scan was negative.
Diagnosed in April 2013 with Burkitt Lymphoma. Negative for HIV-AIDS, ...
- Can the use of claritin d 24 hour cause hair loss?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Claritin-d 24 Hour)
I began using Non Drowsy Claritin D 24 hour about two years ago and have been using it almost constantly since then (I have had a recurring ear problem that Claritin helps to rectify). However, I just realized that coincidentally, that is when my hair began to thin. Has anyone experienced hair lo ...
More questions for: Claritin-d, Sinus infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Only took this horrid medicine once and it ruined my life!!
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Dibilitating Vertigo Constantly For Over A Year Now!, and takes Loratadine And Pseudoephedrine Sulfate)
I only take this medicine one time and have suffered immensely ever since! I found one other forum were a child had been having seizures in their eyes rolled up after taking it once there's not much warning about this out there but I know I'm not the only one who has suffered greatly after taking th ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
More reviews for: Claritin-d, Sinus infection
Recent studies of taking Claritin-d in Sinus Infection (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Avelox for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min), Skin Redness Or Inflammation (redness)
Comments: I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of side effects of Pulmicort Flexhaler for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: I have had 2 sinus surgeries over the years. My first was at age 19. My 2nd was 3 years ago. I have been on pulmicort ever since. I am trying to wean myself off of it but am dealing with headaches. My doctor says my sinuses are clear. The pulmicort nasal spray makes me feel very emotional. I ...
- A study of side effects of Cefdinir for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Blue Vision
Comments: After taking 3 doses of Cefdinir 300 mg I got double vision about 1-2 hours after the 3rd dose. Not knowing whether it was the drug or the sinusitis causing it, I took one more dose that evening(9/25/14). I still have double vision. I can see well at close distances but beyond a couple of feet I nee ...
More related studies for: Claritin-d, Sinus infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had ... (23 minutes ago)
- Is ibuprofen safe to use if i have retinitis pigmentosa?
I have bulging disc pain that I use Ibuprofen for. I can b ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take celebrex while on dexilant?
I'm required to take Dexilant for one month and I suddenly ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (11 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 33-year old woman who has Hip Pain (3 minutes ago)
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Albuterol, Lipitor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Metformin for a 54-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Asthma Late Onset, Hypercholesterolaemia, Heart Attack, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Diabetes (9 minutes ago)
- Plan B One-step for a 18-year old girl who has Unprotected Sex (30 minutes ago)