Home > Sinusitis - chronic > Amoxicillin > Amoxicillin for Sinusitis - chronic
How effective is Amoxicillin for Sinusitis - chronic?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is for Sinusitis - chronic. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 10 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin for Sinusitis - chronic >>>
What is Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Sinusitis - chronic
Sinusitis - chronic (latest reports from 29,172 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Levaquin, Avelox, Prednisone, Nasonex, Azithromycin.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 10 people are studied for taking Amoxicillin in Sinusitis - chronic
Amoxicillin effectiveness for Sinusitis - chronic (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Amoxicillin for Sinusitis - chronic * :
|Sinusitis - chronic||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who take Amoxicillin for Sinusitis - chronic * :
|Sinusitis - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||30.00%||20.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
Who find Amoxicillin more effective for Sinusitis - chronic?
Gender of people who find Amoxicillin more effective * :
|Sinusitis - chronic||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Amoxicillin more effective * :
|Sinusitis - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- Have been on suboxone strips almost a year. i have just recently since yesterday got sick i have strep throat and my throat is really hurting and i can't even speak today. can i still take my strips?
I just wonder if it will be ok today to go ahead and use my suboxone strips or will it do more damage than good? It's never bothered my throat before but my throat is so bad right now that I don't know if it will hurt or help? I'm supposed to take 2 8mg strips a day? Help!!!!???
- I recently had a thyroidectomy and followed it by radiation. i had molar extracted 5 days ago and could not form a clot to avoid dry socket. today my dentist packed it but it is dissolving!
I wonder if the saliva in my mouth is more acidic which can cause the loss of the clot or the packing that the dentist put in my mouth. I was told after the thyroid cancer and radiation that the glands that feel "sour" sensation after the surgery can increase and in rare cases, the patient never st ...
- Can i take bromfed dm with subutex
I take subutex 8 me for pain. My dr. Prescribed bromfed DM for a Sinus Infection. Can I take bromfed DM with subutex?
- Does anybody (female) have recurrent urinary tract infection every two months like me?
Physicians prescribe me lots of antibiotics in past few months, because I have a urinary tract infection every two months. I'm a girl with 22 years old and I have this problem since I was 13 years old. I am already resistant to antibiotics like fosfomicin, then I have to take large spectrum antibiot ...
- Can taking amoxicillin 500 mg with paxil 40 mg have side effects. like increase depression.
Been taking 40mg Paxil and dentist just prescribed 500mg Amoxicillin.
My depression seems to have increased and had a major anxiety attack.
Has anyone had similar experiences with this combination of drugs?
- Duration of weakness & fatigue caused by amoxicillan
Does this side effect last more than 2 week? Used drug for root canal & infection. given 500mg every 6 hours, 28 capsules. skin sensitivity subsided
but very weak & tired, only took 24 caps Dr orders after reaction began.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
- My husband was diagnosed with pyoderma gangrenosum or sweets syndrome as he developed large pustules on his fingers, and legs, taken ammoxicillin and the pustules have started on his finger again
He was admitted to hospital and had every test going but they could not find the cause of it. He has been unwell for a couple of weeks with a bad chest and steroids have not helped. Dr gave him Amoxicillin and after taking just one the scar that was left on his finger joint that had the worst bliste ...
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis - chronic
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis - chronic
Recent studies of taking Amoxicillin in Sinusitis - Chronic on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis - chronic
Recent Sinusitis - Chronic related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Triprolidine Hydrochloride And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride And Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Levaquin for a 73-year old man who has Chronic Sinusitis
- Comparions of Bactrim Ds (Mutual Pharm) - 800MG;160MG, Cipro (Bayer Hlthcare) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 64-year old woman who has Chronic Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Levaquin (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - 500MG, Zyrtec-d 12 Hour (Mcneil) - 5MG;120MG for a 32-year old man who has Chronic Sinusitis
- Comparions of Avelox, Cedax for a 63-year old woman who has Chronic Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Methimazole, Singulair for a 56-year old woman who has Chronic Sinusitis
- Comparions of Singulair (Merck) - EQ 10MG BASE, Klonopin (Roche) - 0.5MG for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Methadose (Mallinckrodt) - 10MG/ML, Azithromycin (Sandoz) - EQ 250MG BASE for a 34-year old woman who has Chronic Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride (Barr) - EQ 500MG BASE, Doxycycline Hyclate (Watson Labs) - EQ 100MG BASE for a 37-year old woman who has Chronic Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Avelox, Albuterol Sulfate (Sandoz) - EQ 4MG BASE for a 47-year old man who has Sinusitis - Chronic
More related comparison studies for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis - chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (30 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (33 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (48 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ureteral Necrosis
- Diuretic Therapy