Home > Sinusitis > Amoxicillin > Amoxicillin for Sinusitis
How effective is Amoxicillin for Sinusitis?
Overall ratings: 2.9/5
Long term ratings: 2.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is for Sinusitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 101 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin for Sinusitis >>>
What is Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,142 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) (latest reports from 231,890 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Levaquin, Augmentin '875', Avelox, Clarithromycin.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 101 people are studied for taking Amoxicillin in Sinusitis
Amoxicillin effectiveness for Sinusitis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Amoxicillin for Sinusitis * :
Age of people who take Amoxicillin for Sinusitis * :
Who find Amoxicillin more effective for Sinusitis?
Gender of people who find Amoxicillin more effective * :
Age of people who find Amoxicillin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take amoxicillin when you are taking peginterferon and ribavirin
(Asked by a 40 year old man who takes Amoxicillin, Ribavirin, Peginterferon)
I wouldlike toknow if i take amoxicillin wether it will affect my treatment for HCV?
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Reoccurring Urine Infections, and takes Amoxicillin)
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- Have been on suboxone strips almost a year. i have just recently since yesterday got sick i have strep throat and my throat is really hurting and i can't even speak today. can i still take my strips?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has I Have Strep Throat And A Severe Sore Throat And Can't Speak Any, and takes Amoxicillin, Suboxone )
I just wonder if it will be ok today to go ahead and use my suboxone strips or will it do more damage than good? It's never bothered my throat before but my throat is so bad right now that I don't know if it will hurt or help? I'm supposed to take 2 8mg strips a day? Help!!!!???
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Pain And Buzzing In Right Hand, Wrist, and takes Amoxicillin, Savella)
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
(Posted by a 31 year old woman who has Ear Popping, and takes Amoxicillin)
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis
Recent studies of taking Amoxicillin in Sinusitis (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Have had headache for 2 weeks. My neck and back both hurt..just a general not good feeling
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Bronchial Infection. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: red raised lumps
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Otitis Media Acute. The patient has Stuttering And Children
Comments: 4 year old daughter has started stuttering since starting amoxicillin for a ear infection.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Night Terror (a partial waking from sleep with behaviours such as screaming, kicking, panic, sleep walking, thrashing, or mumbling)
Comments: My son has been on Amox for an ear infection for 4 days, and the last 2 days he has started screaming at about 2:00am. Doesn't seem to be awake.. thrashing and hitting and screaming. I assume this is a night terror.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Sinusitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.