Home > Sore throat > Cephalexin > Cephalexin for Sore throat
How effective is Cephalexin for Sore throat?
Overall ratings: 2.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cephalexin (cephalexin) is for Sore throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 7 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin for Sore throat >>>
What is Cephalexin
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,052 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) (latest reports from 6,360 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Cephalexin.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 7 people are studied for taking Cephalexin in Sore throat
Cephalexin effectiveness for Sore throat (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Cephalexin for Sore throat * :
|Sore throat||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who take Cephalexin for Sore throat * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||42.86%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00% |
Who find Cephalexin more effective for Sore throat?
Gender of people who find Cephalexin more effective * :
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Cephalexin more effective * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- I've had a pancreatic attack and wonder if this can cause one
I was on a z pack for a sinus infection it didn't clear up so Then on amoxocillin . Went on a climara patch and 4 days later had a pancreatic attack . Wondering if any of these medications could of caused the attack .
- Should i go to emergancy room for this
I'm on Humira and was told because it lower your immune system to not ignore calls
should I go to emergence room for treatment because it Sunday or wait till Monday
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
- Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters
Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters?
- Can cephalexin cause chronic muscle twitching?
On April 26, 2013 I was prescribed Cephalexin for an infection in my nose. Towards the end of the 7 day prescription I noticed that I had muscle twitching in my eyes, hands, stomach and legs. By the 7th day, I was cramping badly in my calves, feet and hands. After stopping the medication, the con ...
- I have chronic sore throat for 6 months and all tests are negative
Have a chronic sore throat which wakes me in the night. Not much on physical examination. Had endoscopy, Gastroscopy, CT scan and even biopsy of tongue base - all negative. Have tried all kinds of antibiotics, anti fungals, treatement for gastroesophageal reflux with no benefit
Very frustrating a ...
More questions for: Cephalexin, Sore throat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Tonsillitis for 1 week
i suffered tonsillitisfor a week. and i lose my weight coz i kept on vomiting. we rushed into my doctor's clinic. he advised me to stay in the hospital for 3 days cause my tonsillitis was really severe. he prescribed me cefuroxime axetil via IV for further absorption and omeprazole via IV for my sto ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Sore throat
Recent studies of taking Cephalexin in Sore Throat on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Sore throat
Recent Sore Throat related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zicam, Zoloft for a 18-year old girl who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Erymax, Penicillin for a 2-year old boy who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Cephalexin (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 500MG BASE, Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG for a 46-year old man who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Centrum, Advil Cold And Sinus (Wyeth Cons) - 200MG;30MG for a 20-year old man who has Sore Throat
- Comparions of Azithromycin (Teva) - EQ 250MG BASE, Lyrica (Cp Pharms) - 75MG for a 43-year old woman who has Sore Throat
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Zetia (Msp Singapore) - 10MG for a 54-year old man who has Sore Throat
- Comparions of Tussionex Pennkinetic, Mucinex Dm for a 64-year old man who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Azithromycin (Sandoz) - EQ 250MG BASE, Levaquin (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - 500MG for a 36-year old man who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Celebrex, Loratadine for a 37-year old woman who has Throat - Sore
- Comparions of Erythrocin Stearate (Abbott) - EQ 250MG BASE, Lithium Carbonate (Roxane) - 150MG for a 18-year old boy who has Throat - Sore
More related comparison studies for: Cephalexin, Sore throat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.