Home > Staph skin infection > Bactrim ds > Bactrim ds for Staph skin infection
How effective is Bactrim ds for Staph skin infection (Carbunculosis)?
Overall ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Bactrim ds (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is for Staph skin infection. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim ds for Staph skin infection >>>
What is Bactrim ds
Bactrim ds (latest outcomes from 6,911 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Staph skin infection
Staph skin infection (a bacterial infection cause by staph bacteria) (latest reports from 75 patients) can be treated by Bactrim.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 4 people are studied for taking Bactrim ds in Staph skin infection
Bactrim ds effectiveness for Staph skin infection (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Bactrim ds for Staph skin infection * :
|Staph skin infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Who find Bactrim ds more effective for Staph skin infection?
Age of people who find Bactrim ds more effective * :
|Staph skin infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
Comments for this study:
Ms Pony (1 year ago):
How can a "study" with an n of 4 be considered in any way significant?
Reply the comment
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- I want to try a turmeric tonic for abscesses caused by staph. i am on bactrim ds and an concerned of the interactions. does anyone have advice or other remedies i could try?
I have 5 pretty bad abscesses from the staph infection. 3 of them finally started to drain but two are big and painful with no head. I have tried warm compresses, cannabis oil, alcohol wipes, and an Apple Cider Vinegar/baking soda paste. If I don't get them to drain I'll have to have them lanced thi ...
- Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- Who has had an unrelated donor bone marrow transplant with chediak higashi and is a survivor? i really need to speak with someone
I'm looking for survivors I feel as if the bone marrow transplant is being forced on me as the BEST option but is it the ONLY option I'm scared for my baby
- Is there something i could take instead of bactrim
What could i take instead of bactrim for a foot infection? Bactrim is making me very sick with vomiting
- Can you develop rash after using ic sulfamethoxazole-tmp
Just finished using drug for UTI less than 48 hours ago and woke up this morning with rash on torso and upper arms and upper legs.
More questions for: Bactrim ds, Staph skin infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Interaction between bactrim & vit c
I drank one tablet of bactrim with glass of vit C (1 tablet), after 5 minutes I became red (face & eyes) with high tachycardia and high pressure in the ears.
After 15 minutes I observed differents red points on the skin (hand, arms & legs).
I would like to inform you that I took in the past bact ...
More reviews for: Bactrim ds, Staph skin infection
Recent studies of taking Bactrim Ds in Staph Skin Infection on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Bactrim ds, Staph skin infection
Recent Staph Skin Infection related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bactrim ds, Staph skin infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (56 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Gastric Ulcer Haemorrhage
- Amoxicillin Teva 875mg
- Gonadal Dysgenesis Nos