Home > Strep throat > Clindamycin hydrochloride > Clindamycin hydrochloride for Strep throat
How effective is Clindamycin hydrochloride for Strep throat?
Overall ratings: 4.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Clindamycin hydrochloride (clindamycin hydrochloride) is for Strep throat. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 7 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride for Strep throat >>>
What is Clindamycin hydrochloride
Clindamycin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 1,316 users) has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is often used in infection.
Strep throat (a bacterial infection of the throat causing sore throat;) (latest reports from 448 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Penicillin, Cephalexin, Penicillin-vk, Augmentin '875'.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 7 people are studied for taking Clindamycin hydrochloride in Strep throat
Clindamycin hydrochloride effectiveness for Strep throat (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Clindamycin hydrochloride for Strep throat * :
|Strep throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||28.57%||28.57%||14.29%||14.29% |
Who find Clindamycin hydrochloride more effective for Strep throat?
Age of people who find Clindamycin hydrochloride more effective * :
|Strep throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 100mg doxycycline hyclate be taken at the same time with zithromax?
Patient was bitten by a deer tick and is taking doxycycline as preventive measure. A throat infection is developing for which the doxycycline seems to have no effect, though azithromycin has proven rapidly effective in the past. Should the doxycycline be discontinued during the azithromycin cycle? ...
- Will limu products effect an outbreak in vaginal herpes for long term use?
I've been taking limu for a week and I'm h having a major outbreak of herpes. I take lysine daiy to minimise my outbreaks. Is there to much acid in this products for me to take and not have such a major outbreak?
- Is it okay to take methadone and delsym (dextromethorphan) together?
I am a recovering addict and am currently prescribed Methadone 45mg for opiate addiction. However, I am sick with strep throat and bought some OTC cough syrup. It is called Delsym (Dextromethorphan 30mg). I bought it because I have been coughing very hard all through the night. However, I am concern ...
- Is skin peeling/cracking/flaking common with use of clundamycin hydro?
I was diagnosed with cellulitis staph in my left thumb 2 weeks ago, half way through taking clindamycin hydrochloride my right thumb and forefinger started to crack/flake/peel and its slowly peeling further down my fingers and on to the other fingers. the left thumb with the cellulitis is only peel ...
- 80 year old woman has abscessed tooth, started amoxicillian, hydrocodone, threw up for a day, in hospital, now has low sodium count of 116. iv of clindamycin, restricted fluids, sodium back up to 123
is pain from tooth causing problems with adh hormone? What are causes of isadh? This patient also has a severe abscessed tooth and is 80 years old.
More questions for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Strep throat
More reviews for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Strep throat
Recent studies of taking Clindamycin Hydrochloride in Strep Throat on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Strep throat
Recent Strep Throat related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lysine, Penicillin-vk for a 30-year old man who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Augmentin '250' for a 32-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Bicillin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 30-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Azithromycin (Teva) - EQ 250MG BASE, Metoprolol Succinate (Nesher Pharms) - EQ 25MG TARTRATE for a 32-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen (Mallinckrodt) - 500MG;5MG, Cephalexin, Zoloft for a 39-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Vicodin, Amoxicillin (Teva) - 500MG for a 26-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Omnicef, Penicillin G Procaine (Pfizer) - 300,000 UNITS/VIAL for a 15-year old girl who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Omnicef (Abbott) - 300MG, Azithromycin (Sandoz) - EQ 250MG BASE for a 69-year old woman who has Strep Throat
- Comparions of Clarithromycin (Wockhardt) - 500MG, Advil Liqui-gels for a 36-year old woman who has Strep Throat
More related comparison studies for: Clindamycin hydrochloride, Strep throat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.