Home > Tooth abscess > Amoxicillin > Amoxicillin for Tooth abscess
How effective is Amoxicillin for Tooth abscess?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is for Tooth abscess. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 70 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin for Tooth abscess >>>
What is Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,146 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Tooth abscess (pus formation in tooth) (latest reports from 10,778 patients) can be treated by Amoxicillin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Penicillin-vk, Metronidazole, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Penicillin.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 70 people are studied for taking Amoxicillin in Tooth abscess
Amoxicillin effectiveness for Tooth abscess (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Amoxicillin for Tooth abscess * :
|Tooth abscess||70.00%||30.00% |
Age of people who take Amoxicillin for Tooth abscess * :
|Tooth abscess||1.43%||1.43%||4.29%||25.71%||17.14%||17.14%||15.71%||17.14% |
Who find Amoxicillin more effective for Tooth abscess?
Gender of people who find Amoxicillin more effective * :
|Tooth abscess||69.23%||30.77% |
Age of people who find Amoxicillin more effective * :
|Tooth abscess||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||30.77%||11.54%||15.38%||19.23%||19.23% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take amoxicillin when you are taking peginterferon and ribavirin
(Asked by a 40 year old man who takes Amoxicillin, Ribavirin, Peginterferon)
I wouldlike toknow if i take amoxicillin wether it will affect my treatment for HCV?
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Reoccurring Urine Infections, and takes Amoxicillin)
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- Have been on suboxone strips almost a year. i have just recently since yesterday got sick i have strep throat and my throat is really hurting and i can't even speak today. can i still take my strips?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has I Have Strep Throat And A Severe Sore Throat And Can't Speak Any, and takes Amoxicillin, Suboxone )
I just wonder if it will be ok today to go ahead and use my suboxone strips or will it do more damage than good? It's never bothered my throat before but my throat is so bad right now that I don't know if it will hurt or help? I'm supposed to take 2 8mg strips a day? Help!!!!???
- I recently had a thyroidectomy and followed it by radiation. i had molar extracted 5 days ago and could not form a clot to avoid dry socket. today my dentist packed it but it is dissolving!
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Thyroidectomy, Dry Socket, and takes Amoxicillin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxycodone)
I wonder if the saliva in my mouth is more acidic which can cause the loss of the clot or the packing that the dentist put in my mouth. I was told after the thyroid cancer and radiation that the glands that feel "sour" sensation after the surgery can increase and in rare cases, the patient never st ...
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Tooth abscess
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Pain And Buzzing In Right Hand, Wrist, and takes Amoxicillin, Savella)
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
(Posted by a 31 year old woman who has Ear Popping, and takes Amoxicillin)
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Tooth abscess
Recent studies of taking Amoxicillin in Tooth Abscess (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Night Terror (a partial waking from sleep with behaviours such as screaming, kicking, panic, sleep walking, thrashing, or mumbling)
Comments: My son has been on Amox for an ear infection for 4 days, and the last 2 days he has started screaming at about 2:00am. Doesn't seem to be awake.. thrashing and hitting and screaming. I assume this is a night terror.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Ear Infection. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Comments: I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Pyorrhea - Gum Disease. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Heart Rate Increased, Panic Attack
Comments: Never had an sort of panic attacks before. Within two days of taking Amoxicillin these symptoms occurred. My concern is something is being over looked. I have stopped taking the drug but the symptoms continue.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Amoxicillin for a patient with Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Infection. The patient has Hand Tremor
Comments: I had oral surgery to remove a cracked tooth. I was very stressed that morning. 36 hours later I had a very severe hand tremor that continued both while moving (cooking) and at rest. It lasted about a half hour. I took one baby aspirin and it subsided within the next twenty minutes. Scared me.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Tooth abscess
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.